PDA

View Full Version : Right Start 50% clearance in stores

Dcclerk
08-03-2007, 06:22 PM
I don't see anything related to it online right now, but I just got back from my local Right Start where everything that is on sale (except the Robeez) is an additional 50% for the next 3 days. I just got a Peg Perego P3 2006 for $130 (including tax) and a Hotsling for $22. The double BOB Ironman was $215 and if I didn't already have a couple doubles, I would have snatched it up.

According to the sales associates at my store this is the first time they have ever done anything like this, so go check it out!

skohng
08-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the heads up! Do you know what other strollers were on sale? That's a great deal on the Peg and hotsling!

NancyJ_redo
08-03-2007, 11:49 PM
I was told that just the Bob double and the Maclaren Volo were 50% off the sale price. Of course, this is the same store in which Dcclerk got the 50% off on the P3, so it seems your mileage may vary (I didn't push the issue re the P3 since I don't need one anyway).

Jacksmommy2b
08-04-2007, 07:23 PM
I *almost* got the Phil and Ted's double for $180 but the darn closing mechanism was broken so they wouldn't sell it.
Not that I have any use for a double yet anyway but still, the stroller whore in me wanted to weep as the lady drove it to the back......

They also have a combi for I think about $60, a P3 for about $140 and hotslings, floppy seats, M&D puzzles, etc...

DS got some puzzles.....sniff....sniff...sniff

This is the Right Start in Wayne, PA.

DrSally
08-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Thank you, I'm going to call mine tomorrow and see what strollers they have on clearance.

ETA: OK, stopped by mine today (Sunday) and wasn't able to call ahead, so I wasn't getting my hopes up too high. The 2007 P3 (orange) was on sale for $280, and I asked about the 50% off clearance sale I had heard about. The SA said it had ended Friday. It did seem that the other items were still 50% off (Gogo kidz $80 = $40), but no other strollers on sale. I was disappointed as it's 1hr away, and wanted that $140 P3! She said, "Let me see if I can make it go through, but you'll prob only get 20% off, the computer only lets me take a certain amount off". I acted uninterested, since I was planning on spending under $200 for a stroller (prob an Aria or Pilko lite). She came back and said she could make it go down to 40% off. I played with it more and talked to DH, who was reluctant to spend that much on a stroller, and just wanted to get an umbrella. Hello, you can still spend $200 on an umbrella. A lot of what we had seen at BRU, $50 Chicco's and $99 combi's were junk and had no recline or footrest and/or low weight limits.

Sooo, after awhile, she comes back and says "I was able to get the 50% off). It was a floor model and I prob would've picked a green rather than an orange (which I still like), but $140 for a P3?! I did good, right?? This is only my second stroller purchase other than my Graco metrolite travel system that the airline broke. BTW, she said the orange was a discontinued color, so that's why it was on clearance.

She said this floor model had only been out for 1.5 months and it looked clean and undamaged to me, maybe a few scuffs on the plastic tray. The cup holder was having problems and didn't snap on, but she said Peg Perego would send me a new one. I think it's much heavier than the Aria, but seems more substantial and might last longer for my 19 month old? It also seems to have more features than the Pilko lite (extendable handles, carseat strap, one hand recline). DH didn't like the size and weight, but mostly we'll use it for malls, zoos, walks outside, and we don't live in an urban area.

So, the lesson is, just wait the SA out, they may go down on the price

mominjune
08-05-2007, 01:46 AM
I got a Combi double for $99. Thanks!

Unfortunately for those who missed it, I was told that the additional 50% off strollers ended today (Saturday) and that the rest of the clearance stuff was an additional 50% off through Sunday. They may still have strollers on sale, but it may not be as good of a deal. Maybe you can talk them into it? Tell them someone told you it was through tomorrow? It does seem kinda random that only the strollers ended today but the rest of the merchandise is until tomorrow.

Jacksmommy2b
08-05-2007, 06:07 PM
>Sooo, after awhile, she comes back and says "I was able to get
>the 50% off). It was a floor model and I prob would've picked
>a green rather than an orange (which I still like), but $140
>for a P3?! I did good, right?? This is only my second
>stroller purchase other than my Graco metrolite travel system
>that the airline broke. BTW, she said the orange was a
>discontinued color, so that's why it was on clearance.
>

Holy Heck you did good! $140 for a P3 is a steal worth bragging about! I paid $300 for mine in '05 it think they are far above $300 now!
Coming form a Graco I'm sure you'll love the P3. The fold alone is a dream. Enjoy it!

DrSally
08-06-2007, 07:12 AM
THanks! After looking at what was out there in that price range, I was pretty sure $140 for a 2007 P3 was a great deal that I would prob not come upon again. It was originally $330. I have heard that those that have gone from Gracos to peg peregos and other higher end strollers feel like they didn't know what they were missing. Can't wait to enjoy it! OP, Thanks so much for the heads up on the sale!