PDA

View Full Version : Are there any deals to be had with Gymboree Music and Play classes?

Happy Mommy
09-12-2007, 02:16 PM
We've never participated in Gymboree music classes, but have been thinking about doing so recently. First off...are they really good in your opinion? I have a 19 month old and 3 year old. Secondly, are there any good deals/better times to sign up for these classes? I thought a sales associate once said that Gymbucks could be earned/used (?) towards the classes.

Any information/advice is greatly appreciated! :)

MissyAg94
09-12-2007, 03:20 PM
You can contact your local Gymboree (P&M) location and they can tell you their monthly specials. You can earn Gymbucks there if you pay for classes during the Gymbuck earning period. I don't think you can use them to pay for classes though.

Jacksmommy2b
09-12-2007, 05:14 PM
You can use the gymbucks to sign up for your first session only.
There is also a coupon floating around for $20 off your first class. I know you can find the $20 coupon online at the Gymboree play and music site, but when I signed up a mentioed that I knew there was one and asked if they could tell me how to get one and they gave me the discount anyway. You also get a cool set of coupons and gymbucks when you sign up.

I know they also pro-rate for classes and the fall session started last week so you could join now and pay a little less.

My little man is 15 months and I am so glad we decided to join up. He goes to the level 4 Gymboree class. The cost always kept me from even going to the preview classes but a friend invited me and he loved it so much I had to sign him up. You get one instructer led class per week but you also get daily open play gyms that are an hour long and J loves them too. The cost seems more reasonable when you factor in daily classes instead of just once a week. I know they also give discounts for the second kid too!

Before you sign up call your local Gymbo and ask for a preview class - mine let us preview each of the classes (one art, one music and one gymboree) before we signed up. It was great to have the option of seeing how much he liked each of the classes before choosing one (and getting three free classes made the cost even more reasonable!) I know they also have 'sibling' classes where you could bring both you little ones at once.

If no one has asked you yet, I would love to be your 'introduction' person, if you put an existing member's name on your sign up stuff they get $15 gymbucks. Please let me know if you don't have anyone to put down I would love, love, love some extra gym-bucks!

Thanks and good luck with it - Gymboree is totally worth it for us!

Oregonmother
09-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Our sometimes gives away free parachutes, gymboree inner tubes, or car sunshades call your's and see.

Happy Mommy
09-12-2007, 08:51 PM
Thank you all for the information!

Dena, you mentioned using Gymbucks for the first class sign up...do you know when this Gymbuck earning period ends? And can I use the Gymbucks "ahead of time" since it is towards a class? I would be more than happy to list you as my reference person if we sign up for classes. If you want to PM me your name, etc. I will take that with me if we register.

We were looking at the music class, but what exactly do they do in the Gymboree class? We would be in level 4 as well. Also, are the drop in play times very restrictive (e.g. one specific hour a day?) and can you pay a fee for a sibling to attend those sessions?

I left a message with them today, but haven't heard back. I suppose I'm just thinking aloud at this point, but if any of you have any more info, I welcome it! :)

Oregonmother
09-13-2007, 01:02 AM
Gymbuck redemption is Oct4th-14th. I doubt you can use it ahead of time, but it's worth a try.
The play classes have free play, songs, parachute time, bubbles and there is typically a theme each week(like over&under etc.)We are in a level 4 class also.
Our open gym times are for 1 1/2 hour periods M-F and only offered once per day, so they are pretty restrictive.
I have an 19 month and a 4 year old, and they always allow me to bring the 4yo to open gym even though he is not enrolled(this probably varies per location since the P&M classes are franchises)

las710
09-13-2007, 10:23 AM
I know the Gymboree stores in our area (Chicago) were selling a pass for $20 that allowed you to attend 4 classes. I think it was for first-time enrollments only.

Happy Mommy
09-18-2007, 04:37 PM
Hi Dena,

I signed up today and mentioned that I had a referral. If you would like me to put your name as the referral, please PM me and I will call them and add your information so you can receive free classes, etc. I really appreciate all of the information you guys gave me about Gymboree.

Thank you!

-Jennifer