PDA

View Full Version : 132 piece Melissa & Doug Classic Wooden Railway Set $60.99 (orig. $99)

BargainMomforLuke
09-17-2007, 07:37 AM
I've had this in my cart for a while & this is the best price I've ever seen it:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000FIN2E8/ref=ord_cart_shr/104-4497756-9496725?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

lisabor
09-17-2007, 12:07 PM
Thanks for sharing this!

I have been needing some accessories, extra track, risers, more curve pieces etc for DS's Thomas setup and this is perfect! Much cheaper than buying all the individual pieces would have been, and we get the roundhouse, crane and new trains too!

Lisa

Sillygirl
09-17-2007, 07:09 PM
What a great deal! I've found Jonathan's birthday present! Thanks so much.

MaddiesMommy
09-17-2007, 09:44 PM
Thanks so much! I ordered it. That's a great deal for the set. Plus, it's eligible for a free subscription to Cookie magazine!

Janine

Leo
09-22-2007, 09:20 AM
I ordered it on Wed, 9/19, but the price had gone up to $71. It was still a good deal, $28 off the reg price and much cheaper than a Thomas set. I guess that goes to show that when Amazon discounts an item, it's not forever. I should have jumped on the deal as soon as I read this board!

BargainMomforLuke
09-23-2007, 01:05 PM
Since we bought the train, we now need a train table. I didn't want a particle board one, so I bought train table plans off ebay for $6. There is no cutting involved, as long has you have the home improvement store cut the pieces before you buy them.

I think the table will cost around $40 in supplies to make & it's going to be really sturdy & will last through several kids.

I found an example of a table top a lady painted for her son.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=183877.0

I think I'm crafty enough to do this. She used acrylic paint & varnish from Michael's (the non-toxic paints).

I'll post a pic when I finish mine!

maurenemm
09-24-2007, 08:40 AM
As of Monday morning, it was listed at 68.20 - a little lower than on Friday.

I'm sooo tempted...

amycoh
09-26-2007, 07:29 AM
We just received our set Wednesday, and it is So worth the money!
It comes with two different sets of trains, lots of tracks, trees, signs, pulleys and bridges, a roundhouse, and is compatible with BRIO trains and tracks, which we already have a starter set of. This is sure to be a huge hit in my house. My only complaint is that the tracks are so nice, I wont be able to tell the difference between my brio and melissa and doug tracks, they look and feel the same.