PDA

View Full Version : Best Deal on a Wii?

gordo
10-07-2007, 10:11 AM
I am giving in and buying DH a Wii for his bday. Any suggestions on where to find the best deal?

gordo
10-07-2007, 10:11 AM
I am giving in and buying DH a Wii for his bday. Any suggestions on where to find the best deal?

Mommy Of A Little Angel
10-07-2007, 10:42 AM
They are still hard to find so getting a deal is pretty hard. First you need to find them in stock. One of the best deals is to buy it on Amazon because you won't pay shipping or tax. If you can get it on ToysRUs during their friends and family sale (see coupon thread) that would give you 20% off.

Mommy Of A Little Angel
10-07-2007, 10:42 AM
They are still hard to find so getting a deal is pretty hard. First you need to find them in stock. One of the best deals is to buy it on Amazon because you won't pay shipping or tax. If you can get it on ToysRUs during their friends and family sale (see coupon thread) that would give you 20% off.

MMMommy
10-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Ditto on the Wii being very hard to find in stock. The price is pretty standard everywhere, except for Ebay, where you will have to pay a premium.

MMMommy
10-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Ditto on the Wii being very hard to find in stock. The price is pretty standard everywhere, except for Ebay, where you will have to pay a premium.

boys2enough
10-07-2007, 04:33 PM
Yes, you do need to constantly check to see whether they are in stock. Amazon.com once in a while will have them back and will be sold out quickly. Most likely because, as a PP mentioned, you don't pay TAX or shipping.

We just got one from Circuitcity online. I had to pay tax though, which is kind of annoying...

Here is a "tracker" for in-stock wiis in various online stores:

http://wiitracker.com/

Notice that Walmart.com's "bundle" is always available because it is over $500: they make you buy all the non-essential accessories, which is ultra annoying.

Your DH will love his present. :)

Cheers, Lin

http://smilies.vidahost.com/kao/otn/pnkypanda.gif

boys2enough
10-07-2007, 04:33 PM
Yes, you do need to constantly check to see whether they are in stock. Amazon.com once in a while will have them back and will be sold out quickly. Most likely because, as a PP mentioned, you don't pay TAX or shipping.

We just got one from Circuitcity online. I had to pay tax though, which is kind of annoying...

Here is a "tracker" for in-stock wiis in various online stores:

http://wiitracker.com/

Notice that Walmart.com's "bundle" is always available because it is over $500: they make you buy all the non-essential accessories, which is ultra annoying.

Your DH will love his present. :)

Cheers, Lin

http://smilies.vidahost.com/kao/otn/pnkypanda.gif

gordo
10-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Thanks for that great site!

gordo
10-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Thanks for that great site!

emschwar
10-07-2007, 09:09 PM
If you're a costco member, try there. It's hit or miss, but when they get them, they get a bunch. It's $330 for a bundle with an extra controller and an extra game.

emschwar
10-07-2007, 09:09 PM
If you're a costco member, try there. It's hit or miss, but when they get them, they get a bunch. It's $330 for a bundle with an extra controller and an extra game.

Mermanaid
10-07-2007, 09:39 PM
I was just recently on a quest for one of these, and believe me it was a quest! My advice is to call your local stores and then call again until you finally find one. I was going to order from the internet but I would still have to pay shipping which was more than the tax where I live.

I finally found one at a local Game Stop. Not the bundle ... just the plain jane version for $249. Then, I went to Best Buy and bought the Wii Play that has the extra sports game and remote control for $50. So, for just over $300 I got the system, two remotes and two games.

Good luck finding one ... they are great fun!

Mermanaid
10-07-2007, 09:39 PM
I was just recently on a quest for one of these, and believe me it was a quest! My advice is to call your local stores and then call again until you finally find one. I was going to order from the internet but I would still have to pay shipping which was more than the tax where I live.

I finally found one at a local Game Stop. Not the bundle ... just the plain jane version for $249. Then, I went to Best Buy and bought the Wii Play that has the extra sports game and remote control for $50. So, for just over $300 I got the system, two remotes and two games.

Good luck finding one ... they are great fun!

3boys1girl
10-08-2007, 08:04 AM
If you live in the Northern Va area I have 2 from the costco store that I was either going to take back or sell on craigslist. You can have them for exact cost if you are willing to pick up. 329.00 plus tax. It is the Wii bundle with the sports game and extra controller. And Mario party 8 game.

I bought them for my nephews, but their mother changed her mind and said no!!!
Our local target has had them alot lately for 250... regular game system.

3boys1girl
10-08-2007, 08:04 AM
If you live in the Northern Va area I have 2 from the costco store that I was either going to take back or sell on craigslist. You can have them for exact cost if you are willing to pick up. 329.00 plus tax. It is the Wii bundle with the sports game and extra controller. And Mario party 8 game.

I bought them for my nephews, but their mother changed her mind and said no!!!
Our local target has had them alot lately for 250... regular game system.

gordo
10-08-2007, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the offer, but I'm not in the area.

gordo
10-08-2007, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the offer, but I'm not in the area.

KrystalS
10-08-2007, 09:45 PM
My mom is planning to buy my sisters one for Christmas. Will they be hard to find from now till Christmas? She wants to get a bundle, but they don't like the sports games so she wants one with the controllers and either a mario or dance type game. Any suggestions for a good site with this type of bundle? I told her I would keep an eye out for one in stock, she doesn't want it to be searching for one of these a week before Christmas!
What are the must have accessories? There are so many! I had no clue what to tell her, aside from the controllers.

KrystalS
10-08-2007, 09:45 PM
My mom is planning to buy my sisters one for Christmas. Will they be hard to find from now till Christmas? She wants to get a bundle, but they don't like the sports games so she wants one with the controllers and either a mario or dance type game. Any suggestions for a good site with this type of bundle? I told her I would keep an eye out for one in stock, she doesn't want it to be searching for one of these a week before Christmas!
What are the must have accessories? There are so many! I had no clue what to tell her, aside from the controllers.

Pennylane
10-09-2007, 07:02 AM
If she wants one for Christmas, she better start looking now. I have been looking for about 3 weeks for just the basic system and it is no where to be found!

Ann

Pennylane
10-09-2007, 07:02 AM
If she wants one for Christmas, she better start looking now. I have been looking for about 3 weeks for just the basic system and it is no where to be found!

Ann

nd93
10-09-2007, 08:14 AM
The bundle we got at Costco came with a Mario game. This was at a costco store, not their website. For a brief time on their website they had a Family Fun bundle, but I thought the games looked too old for my kids. It was in the $440 range.

You need to start looking now if you want something for Christmas. I just read an article about the shortage of wiis. The Nintento executive they interviewed said inventories run about one day (worldwide). If I can find the article again I'll link it.

nd93
10-09-2007, 08:14 AM
The bundle we got at Costco came with a Mario game. This was at a costco store, not their website. For a brief time on their website they had a Family Fun bundle, but I thought the games looked too old for my kids. It was in the $440 range.

You need to start looking now if you want something for Christmas. I just read an article about the shortage of wiis. The Nintento executive they interviewed said inventories run about one day (worldwide). If I can find the article again I'll link it.

emmiem
10-09-2007, 07:51 PM
I just bought a Wii at Target. They had plenty at my store. I did have to buy all the remotes and stuff extra. What games are good for a novice?
Michele

emmiem
10-09-2007, 07:51 PM
I just bought a Wii at Target. They had plenty at my store. I did have to buy all the remotes and stuff extra. What games are good for a novice?
Michele

Twin Mom
10-09-2007, 09:57 PM
BJ's has a bundle for $399. I can't remember exactly what's in it but I think it had a couple of games and accessories too. I don't see it online right now but I know they had it in stores at one point.

I ended up finding my Wii at Walmart just b/c I was there at the right time. I saw the box and asked if they had any and they had just gotten 3 in that morning. I bought Wii Play at Sam's and got the extra remote and games.

I have also heard they will be scarce until after Christimas time. Good luck finding one.

Twin Mom
10-09-2007, 09:57 PM
BJ's has a bundle for $399. I can't remember exactly what's in it but I think it had a couple of games and accessories too. I don't see it online right now but I know they had it in stores at one point.

I ended up finding my Wii at Walmart just b/c I was there at the right time. I saw the box and asked if they had any and they had just gotten 3 in that morning. I bought Wii Play at Sam's and got the extra remote and games.

I have also heard they will be scarce until after Christimas time. Good luck finding one.