PDA

View Full Version : Proven, Simple, Price Matching/Adjustment vendors

rgors
10-09-2007, 11:31 AM
I have noticed more and more price matching threads recently and I wanted to gather other people's input on favorite price-matching (PM) or price-adjusting (PA) sites or stores. I feel like I might be missing out on some shopping savvy!

I'm not especially interested in vendors who just advertise price matching but then make the process a series of hoops and hurdles. I want to know the vendors who are really committed to delivering a good value to their customers so I can take my shopping there.

Here's a start for a list of good PM/PA vendors:

- zappos.com and endless.com are listed over and over in threads on this board for their 110% price match with the exact same shoe/size/style in stock for a lower price, elsewhere. Just call directly after placing your order. (Question - is the price match immediate or do you get the refund when your order ships? I think Zappos is immediate but endless waits until shipping?)

- Gap, Old Navy (and I assume Piperlime and Banana Republic) will price adjust when their own items get marked down within 14 days of order date. I placed an email requesting a price adjustment and received a polite and prompt email agreeing to the price adjustment within a matter of hours. In all, this took less than five minutes of my time and I was very pleased.

- I have never personally done a PM at Bed Bath and Beyond, but I have several friends who have had good luck bringing current flyers into the store and getting a PM.

(p.s., I hope this is the right forum since it's not really a coupon or deal alert)

rgors
10-09-2007, 11:31 AM
I have noticed more and more price matching threads recently and I wanted to gather other people's input on favorite price-matching (PM) or price-adjusting (PA) sites or stores. I feel like I might be missing out on some shopping savvy!

I'm not especially interested in vendors who just advertise price matching but then make the process a series of hoops and hurdles. I want to know the vendors who are really committed to delivering a good value to their customers so I can take my shopping there.

Here's a start for a list of good PM/PA vendors:

- zappos.com and endless.com are listed over and over in threads on this board for their 110% price match with the exact same shoe/size/style in stock for a lower price, elsewhere. Just call directly after placing your order. (Question - is the price match immediate or do you get the refund when your order ships? I think Zappos is immediate but endless waits until shipping?)

- Gap, Old Navy (and I assume Piperlime and Banana Republic) will price adjust when their own items get marked down within 14 days of order date. I placed an email requesting a price adjustment and received a polite and prompt email agreeing to the price adjustment within a matter of hours. In all, this took less than five minutes of my time and I was very pleased.

- I have never personally done a PM at Bed Bath and Beyond, but I have several friends who have had good luck bringing current flyers into the store and getting a PM.

(p.s., I hope this is the right forum since it's not really a coupon or deal alert)

nupe
10-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Gap, ON, BR (B&M)
Just take in your receipt and they can scan the bar code and do your PA just like that. It is for 14 days.

Gap INC if you used a coupon:
I know that last Christmas I was able to keep my coupon this way at BR (that is to say I used a 10% off coupon for my original purchase, and when I went for PA, I ended with 10% off the NEW sale price, very sweet).
But once at Gap they wouldn't let me do a PA because I used a coupon w/original purchase. She wouldn't even scan the receipt for me to check and see if items had been marked down.

And if you need to return at BR, Gap, ON without your original receipt, I have one of their cc, and they can do receipt LOOKUP (just like at Target) for returns! Very handy.

Gymboree (online)
You need to mail in your receipt within 14 days of the purchase date, and I think the PM is to price within 7 days of purchase. (This was a tough one for me b/c it took over a week for me to even get my order, and I am in the midwest.)

Talbots and J.Jill (now also owned by Talbots) B&M
PM is to markdown in 14 days, only if purchased at regular price.
JJILL: From the website
Price Adjustments
Catalog/online: Upon your request, a one-time adjustment on full-price merchandise that has been marked down may be made within 14 days from the date of shipment. To receive your adjustment, please e-mail us anytime or call 1.800.343.5700, 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. ET, seven days a week.

Stores: If your item was purchased at one of our J. Jill retail stores, a one-time adjustment on full-price merchandise that has been marked down may be made within 14 days from the date of purchase. We recommend visiting the retail store where the item was purchased. If that is not possible, please e-mail us anytime or call 1.800.343.5700. back to top

Talbots: Website makes no mention of price adjustments. However I know I did this once a few years back (I rarely buy at regular price at Talbots) at Talbots Kids and I got my adjustment.

nupe
10-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Gap, ON, BR (B&M)
Just take in your receipt and they can scan the bar code and do your PA just like that. It is for 14 days.

Gap INC if you used a coupon:
I know that last Christmas I was able to keep my coupon this way at BR (that is to say I used a 10% off coupon for my original purchase, and when I went for PA, I ended with 10% off the NEW sale price, very sweet).
But once at Gap they wouldn't let me do a PA because I used a coupon w/original purchase. She wouldn't even scan the receipt for me to check and see if items had been marked down.

And if you need to return at BR, Gap, ON without your original receipt, I have one of their cc, and they can do receipt LOOKUP (just like at Target) for returns! Very handy.

Gymboree (online)
You need to mail in your receipt within 14 days of the purchase date, and I think the PM is to price within 7 days of purchase. (This was a tough one for me b/c it took over a week for me to even get my order, and I am in the midwest.)

Talbots and J.Jill (now also owned by Talbots) B&M
PM is to markdown in 14 days, only if purchased at regular price.
JJILL: From the website
Price Adjustments
Catalog/online: Upon your request, a one-time adjustment on full-price merchandise that has been marked down may be made within 14 days from the date of shipment. To receive your adjustment, please e-mail us anytime or call 1.800.343.5700, 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. ET, seven days a week.

Stores: If your item was purchased at one of our J. Jill retail stores, a one-time adjustment on full-price merchandise that has been marked down may be made within 14 days from the date of purchase. We recommend visiting the retail store where the item was purchased. If that is not possible, please e-mail us anytime or call 1.800.343.5700. back to top

Talbots: Website makes no mention of price adjustments. However I know I did this once a few years back (I rarely buy at regular price at Talbots) at Talbots Kids and I got my adjustment.

daniele_ut
10-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Pottery Barn Kids does price adjustments within 30 days, even on sale items. I saved an additional $20 on a rug that I bought on sale last week because I checked the website again and the price had dropped the other day. They don't advertise that they give PAs, but the sales associate I spoke to was super nice about it!

daniele_ut
10-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Pottery Barn Kids does price adjustments within 30 days, even on sale items. I saved an additional $20 on a rug that I bought on sale last week because I checked the website again and the price had dropped the other day. They don't advertise that they give PAs, but the sales associate I spoke to was super nice about it!

murpheyblue
10-09-2007, 03:27 PM
I used Ebags.com price match a month or so ago and it was really quick and easy. They refund 110% of the price difference and give you a $10 coupon towards a future purchase.

murpheyblue
10-09-2007, 03:27 PM
I used Ebags.com price match a month or so ago and it was really quick and easy. They refund 110% of the price difference and give you a $10 coupon towards a future purchase.

Twin Mom
10-09-2007, 10:25 PM
I had bought some Coach shoes on sale at Macy's a while back and went back a few weeks later and they were majorly marked down. I asked about a PA and they told me to just bring in my receipt. I did a few days later and they returned all the shoes and I rebought them. I think they were all an add'l 50% off. They didn't seem to care how long ago I bought them but I don't know if they are always this flexible.

Twin Mom
10-09-2007, 10:25 PM
I had bought some Coach shoes on sale at Macy's a while back and went back a few weeks later and they were majorly marked down. I asked about a PA and they told me to just bring in my receipt. I did a few days later and they returned all the shoes and I rebought them. I think they were all an add'l 50% off. They didn't seem to care how long ago I bought them but I don't know if they are always this flexible.