PDA

View Full Version : Dyson Full Access $288 (regularly $470) @ Amazon (Free Shipping)

hwin708
11-25-2007, 08:40 PM
I know there are quite a few Dyson fans on this board, so I figured some people may like this deal.

The Dyson Full Access DC14 is priced $299 (w/ free ship) @ Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000XPWUS2

There is a magazine promotion here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_5614142_1?ie=UTF8&docId=1000142351&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=special-offers-1&pf_rd_r=192HNYD67X79VC00WMQY&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=322644101&pf_rd_i=B0006MWPIW

This gives you a free subscription to Domino, Bon Appetit or Gourmet OR you can choose a refund for the cash value of $12, bringing $299 to $288 (roughly).

Here is the FatWallet thread:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?catid=18&threadid=785190&start=0
The SlickDeals thread:
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=664726

The FatWallet thread includes a link to an Epinions review which helps explain some of the differences between the various models. This is definitely a top of the line model, and was previously sold only at Best Buy.
http://www.epinions.com/content_173791940228

Hope someone can take advantage of this one! :)

ETA: Descriptions of the various models, from a helpful FatWallet poster:

Description of all different level of suction:

The “All Floors� is the basic model. It is bright yellow and doesn’t come with any attachments other than the Dyson-standard small flat brush, small long-bristle brush, and crevice tool. Mmm, crevice tool.
The “Low Reach� model features the flat, wide floor brush to get under couches, sleeping dogs, etc.
The “Animal� model comes with everything the Low Reach does, plus a mini turbo tool that has a turbine in it. It also has a carpet cleaning kit with Zorb, the lemon-scented sawdust lookin’ carpet cleaner.
The “Full Gear� model comes with everything the Animal does, except it has a longer warranty and an extra filter so you can continue to vacuum while the other filter is drying. The DC14 “Full Gear� model is different from the DC07 one.

On top of all of that confusion, there are some units only available to the DC14 line or to certain retailers, like Costco or Best Buy:

The DC14 “Full Kit� has a mini turbine tool, a bare floor tool, a brush control switch, the extra filter, and the extended warranty. It can only be purchased at Costco.
The DC14 “Full Gear� has an extended warranty, the Zorb carpet care kit, the mini turbine head, and the brush control. To my knowledge the only difference between the Full Kit and the Full Gear is the color, the lack of the bare floor tool on the Full Gear, and about $110 US :\
The DC14 “Full Access� model is only available at Best Buy. It comes with the brush control, an extra filter, and an interesting tool that only comes with the Full Access, the Low Reach turbine head. The Full Access kit also comes with a flexible crevice tool. I have no idea what that is, but damn it sounds like something you’d buy in a store with blacked out windows.
The DC14 “Complete� kit can only be purchased through Sears. It’s stacked like Pamela. The Complete comes with a mini turbine head, a low-reach floor tool, brush control, and two bad ass sounding tools: the dusting tool and the mattress cleaning tool. And here I was, using the mini head to suck the dust mites and sex-crust off my mattress!

I'm glad some people found this deal handy! :)

mom2ethan
11-25-2007, 09:35 PM
Thank you! We've been looking for a Dyson and were about to get a similar model from Linens 'n Things. This is a much better deal!

Susan

danagee
11-25-2007, 09:59 PM
THANK YOU! I was just planning on posting for help in finding the best price on a Dyson and here it is!
Thanks again.

Dana
ds 8/04 * dd 1/06

suzhatch1
11-25-2007, 11:54 PM
Thank you OP!! :)

I have been dreaming of a Dyson for a good 6 months & just waiting for the "best deal" out there. Everytime I think I've found it, I hesitate & either the deal expires or I talk myself out of such an expensive vaccuum & figure we can get just as good results w/one for 1/2 the price.

When I first read your post, I hesitated again....being that it was a deal thru Amazon, and I didn't know what the "Full Access" model was & there were no customer reviews, I thought I'd pass & just wait until I could buy 1 in person & probably use a BB&B or LnT 20% off coupon. Even though that wouldn't come close to this $299 deal.

But then I kept coming back to it, since Christmas Tree season is right around the corner (LOL) and I know our terrible old vaccuum just can't handle sucking up any pine needles this year. Seriously, it's on it's last legs & dying fast.

So I read those links you posted to some other boards & it gave great insight to this model & some real customer feedback on the details. I had my eyes set on the DC17 Animal model for the last few months & thought I was set on that decision, but after reading about the details of the DC14 "Full Access" it sounds exactly like what I was wanting from the Animal version (low turbine head, extra accessories, etc), but with a $250 less pricetag! That's within $50 of what I'd pay for another Hoover to replace the one we currently have. So I pulled the trigger & jumped on! Whoo Hoo......I'm finally getting a Dyson!!

DH has known that I've been talking about getting on for ages & he has been onboard w/us replacing our dying vacuum, but I keep holding out because I knew if I got something else instead of the Dyson I really wanted, then I'd probably regret it. So right after I clicked to buy it, I went running into the living room & happily exclaimed to DH..."WE'RE GETTING A DYSON!! WHOO HOO!!" I'm doing the happy dance!! :) (I think DH is probably thrilled, because knowing this is one of the top things on my list what I wanted, he probably thinks he's getting off scott-free for Christmas now & that this will satisfy me & he won't have to get anything else, ROTFL)

Thank you OP!
Suz :)

jawilli4
11-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Thanks OP!

I still have a pit in my stomach, but I'm finally getting a Dyson, too!

I went through my local public radio's link to Amazon to give them a small portion of my purchase, which makes me feel a bit better about spending so much money on a vacuum.

Thanks for a great find,
Jan

danagee
11-26-2007, 11:14 AM
Jan,
Is that a common link on local public radio sites? I'd love to try that the next time I shop at Amazon.

Dana
ds 8/04 * dd 1/06

secchick
11-26-2007, 11:26 AM
I don't do public radio, but I click to amazon though the house rabbit society, www.rabbit.org, and 5% of the purchase goes to help homeless bunnies.

secchick
11-26-2007, 11:26 AM
Double post.

TaChapm
11-26-2007, 11:50 AM
I went through the Home and Garden link but the Magazine is not showing up in my cart. How does it work? Will I get an email later. How do I opt out?
I want to buy this thing before it sells out but I can't get the discount!
Tara
http://lilypie.com/pic/070612/X6DW.jpg http://b5.lilypie.com/IwLRm5/.png

http://lilypie.com/pic/070612/Wd24.jpg http://b3.lilypie.com/0pI0m5/.png

http://lilypie.com/pic/070822/Zysn.jpg http://b2.lilypie.com/B5tom5/.png

danagee
11-26-2007, 12:33 PM
You will get an email within about 2 weeks giving details on how to subscribe to the mags. Or you can opt out by sending a copy of your amazon order confirm to the addy provided.
I just sent my refund request today.

Fine print:

This magazine promotion is valid only November 15, 2007, through December 31, 2007, and is available only to U.S. residents. The promotion is void where prohibited. If you make a qualifying purchase, you will receive an e-mail within one to two weeks containing instructions on how to opt in for the subscription. If you are already a subscriber to Bon Appétit, Gourmet, or Domino magazine, and you wish to opt in to this promotion, 12 months will be added to your existing subscription term with that magazine. At the end of the subscription period, you will have the option to renew your subscription, or do nothing and allow your subscription to end. Your credit card information will not be passed to the magazine publisher. Please allow six to eight weeks for delivery of your first issue. If you would like a refund for your subscription, please send a copy of your Amazon.com order confirmation to: Condé Nast Publications, Bon Appétit, Gourmet, and Domino Shops Amazon Special Offer, PO Box 37722, Boone, IA 50037-0722 to receive a cash allowance for its stated value.

Dana
ds 8/04 * dd 1/06

TaChapm
11-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Did you have to add anything to your cart. I just ordered the Dyson and it never showed up. Do I just send in the order conf. I received for the Dyson in to them and say I would like to opt out? I am new to all of this. In the past with the parent's mag. promo it showed up when I checked out.
Thanks!
Tara
http://lilypie.com/pic/070612/X6DW.jpg http://b5.lilypie.com/IwLRm5/.png

http://lilypie.com/pic/070612/Wd24.jpg http://b3.lilypie.com/0pI0m5/.png

http://lilypie.com/pic/070822/Zysn.jpg http://b2.lilypie.com/B5tom5/.png

BayAreaMom
11-26-2007, 12:55 PM
Another very happy shopper here! THANK YOU for posting with all the info to make a quick decision!

danagee
11-26-2007, 12:58 PM
The magazine offer did not appear in the shopping cart. The fine print states they'll email you the info on how to subscribe in 1-2 weeks.

To get the refund for the value of the subscription, I printed the Amazon order confirm that was emailed to me after I placed my order. Then I wrote a note on the print-out asking for a refund.

Dana
ds 8/04 * dd 1/06

suzhatch1
11-26-2007, 02:06 PM
I ordered some toys recently via Amazon that came w/a free magazine offer to Cookies Magazine w/a qualifying purchase, and it was the same scenario. When you checkout, you don't see anything in your cart that references the free magazine offer. It isn't even on your online receipt confirmation.

About 2 weeks after I placed that Amazon order, right about the time I had completely forgot about it (LOL), I recvd an email from Amazon giving me the details to opt in for the free magazine subscription. It asks you to confirm your name & address, that's it. No credit card info. Then it says the magazine will be on it's way. :)

Suz

suzhatch1
11-26-2007, 02:57 PM
I just ordered last night & per my Amazon confirmation it said the Dyson would probably ship w/in 4-7 days, but I just got an email a few minutes ago confirming my order is shipping today!! Expected arrival in 2-days, on 11/28. Whoo Hoo!!

Suz :)

colegiala
11-26-2007, 03:24 PM
Would anyone know if this Dyson Full Access DC 14 is good on laminate floors too?

Cristiana
11-26-2007, 04:11 PM
Mine shipped as well. Thanks OP!

jawilli4
11-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Hi Dana,

This is my first time using a public radio link, so I don't know much about it. My local station likes to announce the fact they get a portion of Amazon sales by going through their link pretty frequently on air. However, I Googled my old public radio station and they don't have the link. Then I Googled Amazon and public radio and came up with a bunch of hits. The Amazon link on all of the public radio stations I selected were pretty obvious on their home pages.

HTH,
Jan

bubbaray
11-26-2007, 06:09 PM
Good grief, I have to stop coming over here. I just ordered one. Yikes, DH is going to kill me, LOL! :)

ETA: I called Dyson Canada this morning and they confirmed that b/c the DC14 is sold in Canada too (at twice the price of this!), that the warranty from a US purchase IS good in Canada. Cheap vacuum and a warranty. Woo hoo!

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

suzhatch1
11-26-2007, 06:21 PM
>The Dyson Full Access DC14 is priced $299 (w/ free ship) @
>Amazon
>http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000XPWUS2

>The DC14 “Full Access� model is only available at Best
>Buy. It comes with the brush control, an extra filter, and an
>interesting tool that only comes with the Full Access, the Low
>Reach turbine head. The Full Access kit also comes with a
>flexible crevice tool. I have no idea what that is, but
>damn it sounds like something you’d buy in a store with
>blacked out windows.

Hmmm....okay all...quick input needed to reassure me. I purchased one of these last night & am super excited. One of the things that I *really* wanted was the turbine head & the extra filter, which according to the description of the DC14 Full Access (above) are included accessories.

However, I was going over the Amazon description again really carefully this time, and under Product Features, it says the accessories included are a carpet care package & a stiff bristle brush. Hmmm....that doesn't sound like the whole shebang to me.

Am I reading into it wrong? Meaning, in the Amazon description, do you think they mean that included *within* the accessories are a carpet care kit & stiff bristle brush (in addition to other things?) Or do you think this really is a scaled down version w/none of the accessories we all were probably expecting?

bubbaray
11-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Yes, I called Dyson Canada this morning to ask about warranty issues and they confirmed it will be great for solid flooring.

HTH

Melissa

bubbaray
11-26-2007, 06:47 PM
My head was just spinning from the different options. I'm hoping I'll be getting the turbine head and extra filter too. Amazon is usually pretty good about having the correct item title, sometimes their descriptions are off. I have my fingers crossed.

HTH

Melissa

firstbaby
11-27-2007, 12:55 PM
And yes, I waited too long to order it :(

kirahd
11-27-2007, 04:31 PM
Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been wanting a Dyson for a couple of years but could never get over the price. I have never seen a Dyson with a price that started with a 2 before. I had researched this to death, and knew I wanted one with the telescoping wand, and sure enough this one had it. It was just providence that I checked the board yesterday and just took an uncharacteristic impulsive plunge. It helped that one of the replies said well if you buy a regular vacaumm the price difference is minimal at the cost...so that tipped the scales for me.

I just checked the site again and the price went up $100.00, I am so glad didn't wait! And mine already shipped too!
Whoohoo, I'm on cloud nine.
Thanks again, I love this board!
Karen

danagee
11-27-2007, 04:39 PM
I dropped everything so I could tear into the box!
It's surpsingly light when you use it, which I love.

I was really expecting to be wowed on my maiden vacuum voyage but I didnt get the full canister of dirt and dust like a lot of reviews I'd read online - I dont know if that's good or bad :)

And yes, it comes with the carpet maintenance kit and a can of spot cleaner. I can't wait to get to spend more time with him and get to know my new love a bit better.

Thanks again, OP.

bubbaray
11-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Did yours also come with the turbine head and crevice tool???

TIA

Melissa

brittone2
11-27-2007, 05:35 PM
that's what I'm chomping at the bit to find out too!

suzhatch1
11-27-2007, 05:53 PM
>Did yours also come with the turbine head and crevice
>tool???
>
I want to know this too! from the sound of the PP she said "comes w/a carpet maintence kit & can of spot cleaning spray" or something......hmmm, not sounding like it came w/the turbine head, crevice tool or extra filter. :(

bubbaray
11-27-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm hoping that she meant that she got all the "stock" Full Access stuff (turbine head, etc.) and the carpet stuff was a nice bonus.

:)

Melissa

danagee
11-27-2007, 06:16 PM
Okay, so there's no extra filter (booo) and as far as i can determine without opening the papers that came w/it, I don't see any flexible crevice tool, which I was looking forward too. The crevice tool that came with it is not flexible at all, it's hard plastic.

It does come w/something that may be considered the Low Reach Turbine head, again, I havent read the papers on this and there's no description on the part, but it looks like a small vacuum that probably attaches to the extension hose and it looks like it's the peice that you can use to vacuum the stairs, very nice.

The extra filter I"m not tooworried about since from what I've read, the filter shouldnt need to be changed for a while, under normal circumstances & frequent cleaning.

Dana
ds 8/04 * dd 1/06

brittone2
11-27-2007, 06:32 PM
I've heard the extra filter is nice for when you are wash one. It gives you a backup until the initial one dries. It sounds like you did get some kind of turbine head attachment. That makes me feel better :) I got a shipping notification a little while ago and it is scheduled to arrive Thursday. Crossing my fingers!!

Thanks for the update, Dana!

Thanks to the OP for posting this too. Our vac is on its last legs.

danagee
11-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Okay, I just re-read the product description on Amazon (there's a user review posted on there now, by the way).
This is apparently not the mini turbine head. I believe it's the stiff bristle brush that goes w/the cleaning kit.
What a dissapointment.

Whomever gets theirs delivered next, please confirm my assumptions, I'm having a hard time concentrating on the manual w/my kids buzzing around me.

Dana
ds 8/04 * dd 1/06

danagee
11-27-2007, 06:54 PM
Since it doesnt come w/this Dyson, I guess we can all be on the lookout for a hot deal on the Mini Turbine Head.

Maybe a coop ;)

Dana
ds 8/04 * dd 1/06

bubbaray
11-27-2007, 07:07 PM
http://www.dyson.com/store/parts.asp?product=DC14-FULLACCESS

Maybe this will help you if the manual isn't clear??

Melissa

danagee
11-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Thank you! Yes, that helps MUCH more than the info I've been looking at.
The extra attachments that are included with this are just a part of the cleaning kit :(

Dana
ds 8/04 * dd 1/06

suzhatch1
11-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Okay, well, then is it just me, or is anyone else feeling a bit like Amazon kinda lied in the title of the product? :(

I mean, for the price, don't get me wrong, I can probably find a good deal on a mini turbine head & extra filter, and still be paying less than I would have for a full price Dyson (even w/say, a 20% off coupon thru BB&B or LnT). But, knowing that the version "DC14 FULL ACCESS" specifically advertises an exact model that was an exclusive Dyson product carried by Best Buy & the whole point of it being called "Full Access" was because it included these specific accessories that made it a Best Buy exclusive?

Still trying to keep my spirits up that I'm getting a smokin' deal on a Dyson though, maybe I won't ever really need that dang low turbine head. LOL

Suz

bubbaray
11-27-2007, 08:15 PM
So, did it come with the standard accessories? Crevice tool, brush tool, stair tool?

I'm wondering if your box was missing the "bits" that make it the Full Access model? I just called Amazon.com and they said it was the Full Access model that they were selling.

I think if they are shipping something other than the Full Access model, we should all complain. They should either ship the extra bits or give us a credit so that we can order them ourselves.

FWIW, though, $299 is still a pretty good deal for the basic model.

JMHO.
Melissa

danagee
11-27-2007, 08:18 PM
Yes, it also came w/the 3 standard tools. However, nowhere on the description on Amazon does it state the Low Turbine Head or flexible crevice tool would be included. Those ideas came, I believe from descriptions on other websites.

Dana
ds 8/04 * dd 1/06

brittone2
11-27-2007, 08:19 PM
ITA. It seems deceptive. I mean, what makes it the full access is the accessories package that comes with it. All dysons within a certain model (like all dc07s, or separately, all dc14s) are really all the same vacuum from what I understand. Just the accessories are different, or at least that's what I've always read.

So selling the base vac as the "full access" without it including the accessories that *make* it the full access is IMO deceptive advertising. Their description did not name the turbine head, etc. as being included, but that's what the Full Access model is.

Hmmmmph. Mine has already shipped. I'm wondering how to handle this. I definitely want a turbine tool, and it looks like they are close to $70 on their own.

I might place a phone call tomorrow. I'm so not into Amazon. It seems like it is always something w/ them (cancelling orders, etc.), and this just seems like yet another case in point. It seems a little deceptive to me.

bubbaray
11-27-2007, 08:38 PM
They advertised the Full Access, what makes it that is the extra bits. I assumed that the carpet care stuff was extra on top of what makes it the FA model

Melissa

bubbaray
11-27-2007, 08:44 PM
I just spoke with Eric at their CS number. It took two calls to get through to someone who understood my concern about their advertising.

If you don't get what they advertised (which is the Full Access model and what makes it a FA model is the extra bits, not the carpet kit), CALL THEM. They can only make things better if you call them....

I would say exactly what Beth said above: Selling the base vac as the "full access" without it including the accessories that *make* it the full access is IMO deceptive advertising. Their description did not name the turbine head, etc. as being included, but that's what the Full Access model is.

If you say 'deceptive advertising' that will definitely get their attention.

Mine is in transit but won't be delivered until next Monday. Many of you will probably receive yours before then. CALL THEM IF YOU DON'T GET WHAT YOU ORDERED. Please. We can all help each other in this.

The first CS rep I spoke with said, well you can just return the item if you don't like it. That's not the point. Even for $299, I will like it if it d/n come with the extra bits (b/c its still a good deal, just not a great one). I want the Full Access bits. I purchased that -- its even on my receipt.

AND, lastly, if anyone does success in getting the extra bits in their shipment OR if you complain and then get the extra bits, OR if you complain and get a credit, PLEASE POST AN UPDATE HERE!!! :)

THANKS! :)

Amazon CS: Phone toll-free in the US and Canada: (800) 201-7575 or (866) 216-1072

http://clicheideas.com/amazon.htm

Melissa

brittone2
11-27-2007, 09:31 PM
and spoke w/ CS. The CS rep I spoke w/ seemed to understand my concerns right away. She did eventually offer me a $20 credit, but I told her I consider that inadequate as the Full Access should come w/ a flexi crevice tool, the low access turbine head, and an extra filter. Replacing those items on my own would be far more than $20.

She said that they would call the manufacturer tomorrow to clarify about the model, and they would call me back (I believe she said a supervisor would call back), most likely tomorrow.

My advice is to stand firm, as $20 won't cover the cost of those attachments. Even though they did not specifically list the attachments in their description, that's what the Full Access model *is*.

I'm bummed the boards are going down for a day or two tonight! I'm curious what others will receive.

I also saw on Fat Wallet's site that someone mentioned getting theirs in a brown box, not the regular box, and was wondering if it was refurbed. Can anyone that received theirs chime in w/ what they got in terms of packaging?

I'm not happy w/ Amazon at all on this. They are not providing the model that they are advertising. A DC-14 base model is *just* the base model all-floors if it isn't coming w/ the attachment package that makes it the Full Access. Making the plastic the colors of the "Full Access" model but not including the correct accessories does *not* make it a Full Access dyson, which is what they were advertising. It is really just the "all floors" model (just onboard attachments) but in a different color, kwim?

ETA:
Someone on Fat Wallet mentioned this:
================================================== ===================
Well, if we really are sent regular DC14's (new), then we should ask Amazon for at least a $118 credit for the accessories that should be included with the Full Access:
Turbine Head - $70
Flexi Crevice Tool - $30
Lifetime Filter - $18

If we are sent refurbished DC14's, then that's a whole different ball game... I would ask for $50-100 credit on top of the $118 for the accessories. (And because the "outsourced" CSR's that are eager to please, I think we can realistically get that much, especially when we mention how disappointed we are). That's assuming, of course, that we don't ask for chargebacks via our credit card issuers.
================================================== ====================
from me...
I think the Low Access turbine tool is slightly smaller (?) than the regular Turbine tool, but I'm not sure that you can buy it separately, while you can buy the turbine tool separately.

If it is refurbed and they didn't mention that, I will be ticked.

danagee
11-27-2007, 09:40 PM
My box was a heavy brown cardboard box w/a pic of the vacuum on the outside. I didn't realize there was a different box they are normally packaged in.

Dana
ds 8/04 * dd 1/06

brittone2
11-27-2007, 09:46 PM
You know, I can't say for sure what it should look like. But it might be worth double checking that it is not refurbed. It appears that some people on FW are going to dig into it a little more. I'm not sure what the packaging should look like, but if it is refurbed, that should have been listed in the description. It is something for us to all look into, either way, kwim? I'm not sure that what some people got is refurbed, but I'd want to know if mine was.

How does a chargeback work w/ a credit card? I've never had to do one, but am considering taking it up w/ my CC company if I can't get this worked out. I want to keep the vac (I think! I haven't gotten it yet), but I do not consider it acceptable for them to short us the accessories that make it the model advertised, kwim?

danagee
11-27-2007, 09:50 PM
On the outside of the box is a sticker that touts the "New 5 Year Warranty".

Dana
ds 8/04 * dd 1/06

bubbaray
11-27-2007, 10:01 PM
I just called Amazon.com CS AGAIN (!@#$% might as well put it on speed dial). Got their Indian CS center I'm pretty sure. Spoke with a manager and he assured me that they are NOT refurbished. They have received NO complaints.

Soooo, if you did NOT receive your complete Full Access vacuum, I would definitely CALL AND COMPLAIN. Demand either a refund or well over $100US credit. And, verify that the vacuum isn't a refurbished vacuum.

I'm not sure about the box. It might very well be that the Full Access kit *was* always in a non-descript brown box. FWIW, its no longer on the Best Buy website.

And, if the vacuum has a 5 year warranty, then it is NOT a refurb -- they have a 6month warranty. Here's a link to one from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Factory-Reconditioned-Dyson-DC14-Animal-Upright/dp/B0009VCAZ8/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

I'm pretty sure that these will be new. I have to hope that is the case. The guy I just spoke to told me that they "procured" them directly from Dyson. So, maybe Dyson repackaged them in brown boxes to that they couldn't be returned to a store or something? I've heard of special packaging being used for special deals.

Anyway, the refurb issue is different than the accessory issue. Either way, CALL AMAZON IF YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED.

:)

Melissa

secchick
11-28-2007, 08:16 PM
I called and got the India call center. I received a $50 credit for future purchases without any difficulty. Some people are getting more, some less. I personally wouldn't do a chargeback or demand the $100 plus. First, the description on Amazon didn't describe the "missing" attachments, and second, they have what they have and they can just demand that you send it back if you are unhappy, which were the alternatives the CS agent first offered. What frustrates me is that they have obviously received countless calls about this and know about the problem, and they don't have a single solution offered to anyone.

danagee
11-28-2007, 08:22 PM
I called Dyson first and they offered to send me the filter free of charge, which is fine with me.
Then I managed to get a refund from Amazon for the other 2 missing parts.
If/when I decide to get the turbine head, I'll probably just buy from Bed Bath & Beyond and use the 20% coupon.

I recommend a call or email to Amazon C/S. According to FW, the going rate on the estimate for the missing parts is $118.
Vacuum Mini Turbine Head $69.95
DC07 Vacuum Lifetime Filter $17.95
Dyson 36 Flexi Crevice Tool $29.99

Dana
ds 8/04 * dd 1/06

basilicali
11-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Dyson DC14 Full Access Upright Vacuum
Comments:Hi--I received this today but did not get the extra
lifetime filter, the flexible crevice tool and the mini turbine
head that are supposed to come with the full access model, could you
please check on this and send me the additional parts. I received the regular DC14 model without the "full access" additional
parts.
Here is a link to the full access replacement accessories. There was a link here like the one in the post above.
Thanks,
Karen

Their first reply:

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may
have experienced as a result of this order and I do understand
your
concern in this regard.

I'm sorry to hear that the following items were missing from your
order.

1. extra lifetime filter
2. the flexible crevice tool
3. mini turbine head

Kindly note that, we don't stock replacement parts in our
fulfillment centers. I apologize for the inconvenience caused in
this regard.

The quickest way to get the part you need is to contact the
manufacturer to see if they can have this part shipped directly to
you.
You can usually find the manufacturer's contact information listed
in the product manual that came with the item.

For your convenience, I have included contact information below :

http://www.dyson.com/homepage.asp
Phone: 1-866-693-9766

When contacting the manufacturer, you may want to have the
following
information handy: the model number, serial number, and part
numbers.

If the manufacturer cannot provide you with the parts you need, we
will do everything we can to resolve this to your satisfaction.
Please use the link below to write back to us so that we may
explore
other options.

Best regards,

Donald K.
Amazon.com Customer Service

My next reply:

Dyson DC14 Full Access Upright Vacuum
Comments:
I am writing back to you, Dyson will not supply the missing items:
1. extra lifetime filter
3. mini turbine head
It seems that Amazon is selling the regular DC14 with a carpet
cleaning kit as the DC14 Full Access--there are not the same
products, and I do not appreciate the deceptive advertising. Will
you refund the $118 it will cost to purchase the additional
equipment?

Thanks,
Karen

their last reply:

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com with your
concern.

I do understand your frustration in this regard.

I am sorry that this item "Dyson DC14 Full Access Upright Vacuum"
was missing the following accessories.

1. extra lifetime filter
3. mini turbine head

Therefore, I've requested a refund of $118.00 to your credit card.
This refund should go through within 2 to 3 business days and will
appear as a credit on your next credit card billing statement.

You may also view completed refunds by clicking the "Your Account"
link at the top of our web site, then clicking "Go!" next to "open
and recently shipped orders." Completed refunds will appear at the
bottom of an individual order's summary page. I hope this solution
is satisfactory.

I am sorry that you had this problem with your order, and I hope
that you will give us another chance to serve you better in the
future.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

Best regards,

Rakesh C.
Amazon.com Customer Service