PDA

View Full Version : making own crib sheet savers

numomma
11-08-2003, 12:04 PM
I am wanting to make my own crib sheet savers so that they match the crib bedding I made. Has anyone done this before? Or, does anybody have any idea what kind of plastic I should use for the moisture barrier layer? I have considered just buying a shower curtain liner and cutting it to size for the project. However, I am not sure how well that it would hold up. Thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

TIA,
Chris

megulis
11-08-2003, 03:19 PM
I went to my local fabric store and bought some rain gear type of material. I wish I remembered what it was called. It was coated; maybe it was teflon or caslon? You could go and ask a sales associate. I'm not sure if they have it at Joann's. I got mine at a fabric only store.

Anyways, besides that there is a material called PUL Poly Urethane Laminate that Cloth Diapers are made of that you can buy at http://diapershop.com/cat.cgi?s=&c=FP&I2.x=58&I2.y=9 .

Let us know how it goes. :)

s7714
11-09-2003, 12:25 AM
Thanks for the link on that PUL fabric! My local store hasn't been able to get it in, so I've been looking for some place to order it!

Thanks,
Jennifer

Annalia 03/03/03

megulis
11-09-2003, 04:47 AM
Along the lines of crib sheet savers, I made changing pads etc with waterproof material. I found something that felt like thin fleece on one side and on the othe side was waterproof that was on the cheap fabric rack in local store.

They definitely had coated materials that felt like what rain coats or coats are made of for prices ranging from $2.88 to $6.

I made a few, and it came out very nicely. I know I need to make more because I spray my ds with water from a peri bottle when he poops, and it tends to dribble onto the pad. Spraying him with water, I believes keeps his bottom redness to a minimum.

megulis
11-14-2003, 02:21 PM
Also, PUL and waterproof materials are sold here:

http://www.wazoodle.com/cgi-bin/catstore.cgi?user_action=category&category=Specialty%20Shops;Diaper%20Shop

yellowdogmom
12-01-2003, 09:37 AM
Is there a pattern or set of instructions out there for a crib sheet saver? Or are you all just buying one pre-made and making your own patterns of of those?

TIA!
Kristin
Adopting #1 from Korea