PDA

View Full Version : Quick but strange question...including preg test in baby scrapbook...

pritchettzoo
11-09-2003, 11:00 PM
Gross or sweet? It's the tiny stick kind, not the giant wand type, if that matters. I saved both of them (took 2 in case the first was just messing with my head), but that doesn't mean DD would necessarily want to look at something that was dipped in pee 20 years from now... I'd probably put it in one of those little plastic protector thingies.

Thanks for your input!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

Momof3Labs
11-09-2003, 11:17 PM
You could always take a picture of the test and put that in the book! I wish that I had done that - my test faded to nothing after a while. :-(

megulis
11-10-2003, 04:32 AM
I second Lori. It would've been nice to have a picture of the positive test--the first sign of life!

bonellen
11-10-2003, 08:35 AM
I thought about that one for a while too, but came down on the side of a 3rd vote for the photo. Stick itself is a bit yucky, but a picture of it with the lines should say enough

vpalmer
11-10-2003, 09:22 AM
Anna,

I was in the same boat as you. I love to scrapbook and created a pregnancy scrapbook for DD. I wondered about putting the test in the book, but eventually decided against it. I kept the test, but just didn't put it in the book.

Veronica
Mom to Eva 6-12-03

nigele
11-10-2003, 06:45 PM
We took a picture of my test - we e-mailed the picture to friends and family to give them the news of my pregnancy! (We still have the stick and it hasn't faded yet. I know it's gross but my DH was so proud, he just had to keep it!)

s7714
11-10-2003, 11:28 PM
I'd vote for a picture if you really must archive the original tests. That said, I think I'm in the minority here, because I threw my two tests (don't we all go through that messing with my head issue? :) ) out about a week after seeing the first ultrasound.

I opted for some nice journaling about when I took the tests and how I felt when I saw they were positive versus a picture of them...no pictures/actual tests for me thanks.

Now if you had a picture of you holding the stick when you first read that it was positive, THAT would be something for the book! Might I also suggest you could make a paper replica of a positive test (like a die-cut) and put that in instead? Just a suggestion :)

Jennifer

Annalia 03/03/03

houseof3boys
11-10-2003, 11:46 PM
Hmmmm, gross or sweet? How about neither of those adjectives. I have my stick too but I also took some digitals of it and might just use those if I ever get off my hump and do a baby book.

I think a picture of the positive test might be a little more sanitary for little Gracie years from now as she is looking through her book,not to mention the fade factor.

amp
11-11-2003, 06:21 PM
I agree with the others. Take a pic. Not only is it less gross, but I don't think the line will be preserved years down the road, and then it will be too late! But it is a great memory and I wish I had even thought to take a pic!

cara1
11-12-2003, 06:41 PM
We have a picture. Of both sticks. (We too were in disbelief). But the actual test? Ewww, there's pee-pee on it!

nathansmom
11-15-2003, 11:45 PM
When we were undergoing fertilty treatments we had to use some ovualtion tests. We had to take them all in one day for the tech to look at them. After she was done she bagged them up for us in plastic scrapbook bags. I just looked at her and asked her why. I guess there were several people who kept these for a baby book.