PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a neat way to display wallets, etc.

vikivoly
11-11-2003, 09:26 PM
Any ideas about displaying temporary pictures. You know, the ones you get in holiday cards, little league wallets, school pics etc. My mom's fridge was always covered with this stuff. I have a stainless steel fridge, so I can't go that route. My dining room is informal, so I was thinking of some type of board or something to hang to display this type of stuff. I have a neat and organized looking house, not a lot of clutter. So I want something that isn't going to look sloppy and out of place.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jen in Chicago
11-12-2003, 09:49 AM
We use the "picture peacock" for these things. It is a photo holder that you put pictures in. We clean it our periodically. I gave one to my Grandma for all of the pictures she gets from her 11 grandchildren and of her 12 great-grandchildren. I got it years ago at Linens and Things I think.

mharling
11-12-2003, 04:56 PM
Have you seen the boards that are covered in fabric and have ribbons criss-crossed on them? I think they look nice. I know Martha Stewart has published directions for one so you could probably find that on her site. I've also seen something similar at Kohl's pretty cheap (found it with the picture frames).

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osnt.jsp?i=67b0de21b356c32425b2 - Halloween Pics!

muskiesusan
11-14-2003, 10:55 AM
That's what we used and it looks really cute/nice. I actually have ours hanging in the nursery so Nick can see all his "friends."

Susan
WAHM to Nicholas 10/01/01
& Baby #2 due 4/23/04!!!!

houseof3boys
11-14-2003, 10:19 PM
Vicki I'm just jealous that you have a neat and organized house!

Come over and help me get that way too. :)