PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Birth Announcements?

Grace_underfire
12-03-2003, 10:56 AM
Did any of you make homemade birth announcements for your babies?
Jack is going to be two months old on the 15th and I just realized that we have not sent birth announcements.

I am trying to get ideas on homeade or semi homemade ann. I am thinking of using a black and white picture of his, printing it at Kinkos on card stock and having vellum printed with the greeting on top. Then I guess I can put them together with ribon or something.

Anyway if you have done anything even if not what I just described will you share it?

Thanks!

amp
12-03-2003, 11:43 AM
I made our birth announcements and if I do say so myself, they were adorable! We scanned Jacob's footprint and decreased the size of it to fit the announcments we were making. We printed the footprint and his stats on vellum. I attached this to a verly slightly larger piece of plain solid blue cardstock with a small white ribbon. I bought little envelopes with natural fibers in them at the office store and addressed those with the computer using a cute font that matched the text on the vellum.

Good luck making yours! They are so personal! And be sure to keep one for Jack's keepsake book or box!

Jen in Chicago
12-03-2003, 03:53 PM
I did! I made the "You're a Star" card on here http://www.impressrubberstamps.com/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=ideas_using_punches

I bought my own supplies:
Punch and Stamp at Michael's
Yellow Card Stock cut in 1/2 from Office Supply Store
Envelopes- Invitation size from Office Supply Store (but I now learned Walmart has better prices)

Inside on the left I put a wallet size picture with a glue dot on the back (9 for $1.99 at Costco, or have Kinko's "tile" your digital image so you get however many you want on a sheet- I learned after the fact I think I could have printed them at home with our software.) Under it I stamped Jude's full name (I had the stamp made locally- $7).

On the right side I wrote something about "We wished upon a star and our dream came true..." I did it on the computer and had it copied on to white cardstock at Kinko's (I think I put 6 or 8 on a sheet and cut them down with the papercutter.) I used a glue stick to attach it to the card.

On the back I stamped a star diaper pin (local stamp shop) and used my "Handstamped by" stamp.

I made extra blank inside cards that I stamped his name on the front and used for Thank You's. I have used his name stamp a number of times for holiday cards I have made for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Here are some other ideas.... http://www.impressrubberstamps.com/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=baby_ideas

We are working on his abstract Christmas cards now, same idea with a picture inside. I am attempting to make his green handprint look like a Christmas Tree. Pictures this time are coming from Sears.