PDA

View Full Version : Felt Balls - UPDATE -- IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN GOING IN

sntm
12-19-2003, 05:06 PM
EDITED TO ADD:

So, everyone who is interested, pm me with (1)your email address, (2)actual address, and (3) how many oz you want (assuming Neve used about 5 oz for hers that used rubber/tennis balls as the core), (4)and any strong color preferences (as in, must have purple, absolutely do not want pink, etc.) Also let me know (5) if you want some merino and how much -- the cost may be different.

What I will do is send a summary email to everyone after the holidays (say by January 5) with our planned order, and will place the order within 2-3 days of the email. I will pay for everything until it gets to my house, then will divide it up (we have a kitchen scale so it should be accurate.) I'll divide the cost according to how much each person gets plus actual shipping to your location and will email the cost.

So, in example, if someone ordered 5 oz and the total order was 50 oz and the cost was $100 with shipping from NZ, your payment would be 5/50*100 or $10 plus shipping to your house. That should be cheap, as the wool will be light.

Whew! Post or pm me with questions also.

I thought Neve's balls (in Around the House) turned out prettier than the ones being sold, and now I would love to try it out myself, but would only want to make a few. I noticed that several other people were interested.

Do people want to go in together on buying some wool? The New Zealand source sounded good and maybe Neve can give us an idea of how much each person would need. Then we could ship to one address from NZ and that person could distribute it.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=10942&mesg_id=10942&page=

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

liya
12-19-2003, 08:34 PM
I actually made one with regular wool yarn....Ill try to take a picture saturday(sister has camera till then) so i can show you guys how it all came out.....Felting wool is not hard at all....but my balls werent as big..LOL

bunnisa
12-19-2003, 10:49 PM
I'd go in on it!

Bethany
It's a Boy!
William Eric (Wilkes)
6/16/03

lizamann
12-22-2003, 03:59 PM
Ok, I have no impulse control. I just ordered the ebay sampler, so count me out of the pool...

houseof3boys
01-20-2004, 11:33 AM
Just wondering if you guys ordered, received and started making your felt balls. Give us an update when you can. :)