PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Magic bites! Avoid it like the plague!

pritchettzoo
12-25-2003, 01:23 AM
I was trying to make a t-shirt for my dad with Gracie's picture and "Ask me about my granddaughter" on it (he apparently goes up to people and says this and whips out a ton of pics!). I bought the Transfer Magic ($12.99 for 6 sheets) and a long-sleeved white t-shirt ($9.99). What do I have now? A big piece of crapola! There are weird different colored blotches all over the picture, and the edges peeled up so that the words didn't stick down right. I emailed the company. I'm holding my breath for a response. I'm going to return the Transfer Magic to JoAnn's, but I'm out the t-shirt entirely. I'm so peeved! I have to keep backspacing to delete the cuss words! ARGH!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

cinrein
12-31-2003, 09:49 AM
Anna,
I'm sorry it didn't work. My friend makes some t-shirts for a chili cookoff and I'll have to ask her what she uses. I know they turn out great.

I just wanted to tell you that I love Gracie's pics. She looks like she has a great sense of humor! She's adorable!

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

pritchettzoo
01-09-2004, 11:54 PM
Thank you! I hope she gets a good sense of humor...or at least mine and DH's--not sure if it's good or not!

And I would love to know what your friend uses. Thanks!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

hbangthompson
01-14-2004, 12:19 PM
I'm surprised to hear about this because I used these to make a photo quilt for my sister for Christmas and the pictures turned out pretty well. I wonder if there was something wrong with the package you got or something. Did you use the entire 8x10 size? Mine were 3 1/2 inch squares, so it was easy to cut them to size and then iron them on without too much trouble. I'm curious to hear more about what happened to you and the response you get from the company because I was planning on using it for other (larger) projects. But then again, maybe I won't.