PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone made their own Boppy-like pillow?

Neatfreak
02-17-2004, 02:03 PM
I normally made my own throw pillow for around my home, and got to thinking that Boppy pillows wouldn't be too challenging or expensive to make - and I can make many covers out of whatever fabric I think it cute, too. I was just kind of wondering if anyone else have taken this approach, and how he/she went about it? Does someone make a pattern so that the dimensions are close?

Thank you!

pritchettzoo
02-17-2004, 05:33 PM
One of the pattern books at JoAnn's had a boppy-ish pattern. I'm sorry I don't remember which one though. Butterick, Simplicity, or McCall's...

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

Jan Andrea
02-28-2004, 09:52 PM
I have a free pattern on my website at http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/pillow.html
This allows you to make the pillow to fit *you* uniquely.

Neatfreak
03-02-2004, 05:53 PM
Hey, that's pretty fabulous! Thanks!

megulis
03-24-2004, 05:41 PM
I cheated. I bought the boppy cover and made it from that pattern. I asked for another boppy pillow for Christmas and that is when I found out that the boppy pillow is too stiff for me and also too small for my waist. I greatly prefer the one I made.

Neatfreak
04-01-2004, 12:48 PM
That's a pretty smart trick, actually!

I thought that I spied a pattern for a Boppy-inspired pillow in a McCalls pattern book over the weekend, but it turns out that it's just one of the neck pillows that are popular for airplane travel ...