PDA

View Full Version : looking for pattern for baby/toddler girl bubble suits or rompers

LucyG
02-20-2004, 10:48 AM
Does anyone have a good SIMPLE pattern (or know of one) for making cute little one-piece bubbles or rompers for girls? I guess I want something that either zips up the back or buttons at the shoulders. How hard are these things to make? I see them at stores and online for $20 + and think that surely they can't be that hard. Any ideas?

egoldber
02-20-2004, 05:12 PM
I've used this pattern and it was easy and cute:

http://www.kwiksew.com/Patterns/P3032_3057/3035.cfm

They are not at all hard. But by the time you buy pattern and fabric, and notions (unless you already have them) you'll find its not necessarily much cheaper than buying them on sale.

HTH,

peanut4us
02-21-2004, 05:07 PM
LOL! I just bought this exact pattern! I haven't made it yet... it's on my list of things to do. And I bought it through a yahoo group coop. It was awesome and the pattern was either $3.75 or $4.00. Much cheaper than anywhere else I saw. Let me know if you are interested in the coop and I'll email you the link to the group.

FWIW, I looked at the sewing instructions and it does look pretty easy. Famous last words, right?

egoldber
02-21-2004, 09:50 PM
Oh no! Its REALLY easy!!!

I am almost reluctant to ask for the Yahoo Group! Kwiksew patterns do go on 50% occasionally at my local Hancock, so I try to buy them then!

Is it a general sewing Yahoo Group? How much do other patterns (like McCalls) usually go for?

peanut4us
02-23-2004, 09:51 AM
This coop doesn't do any other pattern makers, but they do a lot of knit fabrics etc... stuff good for making jammies (footed) etc... The prices rock for the patterns, and she has an order to kwik-sew about every 4-6 weeks.

Here's the addy: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/comfycreations/

I personally haven't had any problems with the owner, Vicky. And I've only seen one person not satisfied with the process... and they just weren't patient enough with the mail at Christmas time. I will say though that Vicky seems like a space cadet sometimes, so if you order from her, I would just take care to write "follow up" notes, etc, and keep copies of them.

Let me know if you guys order anything... I got the bubble one and this one http://www.kwiksew.com/Cold_Fusion/catalog/Frame_New.cfm.

I should be starting on the bubble one in March (finishing 2 quilts, 2 table runners and a comforter cover FIRST!)

LucyG
02-23-2004, 03:43 PM
Thanks, ladies! Could I find this pattern at JoAnn or Hobby Lobby? We don't have a fabric store in my town.

Also, would either or both of you mind posting pics of the ones you made (or will make!)?

Thanks!

peanut4us
02-25-2004, 10:04 AM
My Joanns and Hobby Lobby do NOT sell Kwik sew patterns. You can try an online search for them; lots of online stores do sell them. If you go that route though, then I would strongly suggest buying the patterns through the yahoo group coop that I mentioned before. Regular price on the patterns that you will pay just about everywhere else is between $12-14 a pattern... on the coop those same patterns are between $3.50-$4.25.

And just as soon as I make one for Sara, I will post it... but it probably won't be for at least another month.