PDA

View Full Version : For those who scrapbook....

millerpjm
03-09-2004, 08:14 AM
Do you have any favorite websites for ideas and supplies? I am just getting started, and want to do some online research. But there's so much out there!I have a Creative memories consultant (the girl that sits right next to me at work) but they only have so much. I'd love to see what else is out there. Thanks.

Jen

Proud mama to Thomas 2/3/03

vpalmer
03-09-2004, 02:56 PM
www.twopeasinabucket.com is a great site for ideas and supplies.

Have fun,

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born on 6-12-03

amp
03-09-2004, 04:39 PM
Second the twopeas website. Also,

Magazine sites that also have some suggestions...

www.creatingkeepsakes.com
www.simplescrapbooks.com
www.paperkuts.com

To browse & buy supplies...

www.creativeexpress.com

Also, when I am looking for new ideas, I browse magazines, and I also do a google search of scrapbooking and see what new sites there are to browse sample pages.

Neatfreak
03-10-2004, 12:31 PM
I have to further recommend 2Peas :)

I also like www.heroarts.com for ideas ... and their stamps are wonderful!

heidi_timms
03-10-2004, 02:37 PM
I love to buy lots of things on ebay. Also, you can get some great deals on stickers, even with shipping!
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

Lynnie
05-06-2004, 09:03 AM
anybody have any great pages/layouts they would like to take a photo of and share ??

thanks to this board, i not only have 4 slings, a diaper bag on order, and a totally unnecessary stroller i got from fao when they went out of business, but i just spent a fortune at michael's the other day when i went in to buy a couple wooden letters to paint for my sons' rooms, and got a scrapbook kit on sale since i read about that here too. since i am a total novice, i was hoping someone might want to share a favorite page or two, like people did with their custom diaper bag creations.

am going to check out the above mentioned websites. want to make a book of last summer's vacation at grandmas beach house as a mothers day gift for my MIL. and running out of time !! (yes, i know it is pretty much summer again.... i still haven't made the final selections on my wedding album, and was married in december 2000...) so this maternity leave is the time to get all my crafts done. who needs sleep...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

edited to add: i just checked out the two peas website and am totally intimidated and overwhelmed. yikes ! anyone have any nice, but SIMPLER ideas or layouts to share ? the people who submitted stuff there made incredible things.... maybe i will call mine a decorated photo album so it doesn't feel like the most underdressed scrapbook at the party... i don't think i could ever make anything like some of those pages. not even with the next 4 monthw off, let alone something comparable for mothers day.

perhaps i should sleep before tackling this project. :-(

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

amp
05-06-2004, 10:21 AM
Try Simple Scrapboks magazine, or their website, www.simplescrapbooks.com. You can find the mag in stores (like Borders, etc). They like to fill the niche for those of us who don't like *too* complicated stuff and who don't have time for that!

Also, I found that when I go to scrapbook stores locally, they always have sample pages up around the store that I enjoy looking at. Plus, I always see fun products that I want to try and that helps me develop my pages in tandem with what I see in mags and in store displays.

vpalmer
05-06-2004, 04:30 PM
Lynnie,

This is the only scrapbook page I have saved on Shutterfly. I actually sent it to a friend a while back via e-mail so I happened to have it available. I would be happy to post more if you would like.

Basically, the page you see was very easy to create. The hearts are cut out from a sheet I bought at the scrapbook store. The "baby" title was also bought at the scrapbook store. The "sitting" title under the picture is a sticker. Other than those embellishments, the only thing I did was mount the photos on different colored cardstock before I finally attached them to the background paper.

I am more than happy to answer any more questions, but that is all I can think of for now. I suppose I will shut up now because a picture is worth a thousand words, right?

ETA: This layout is Eva's 6th month. For her first year I am doing a layout of each month.

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born on 6-12-03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/5545.jpg

mattysmom
05-11-2004, 08:55 AM
Your pages look great! Putting together a scrapbook for DS is one of my goals for my summer vacation. Any tips for getting started? I love the way your pages look!

vpalmer
05-11-2004, 02:32 PM
Thanks! As far as tips go, I would say first sort your pictures into groups of 5-8. Each group is a two page layout. Take your groups of pictures to the scrapbook store and pick out paper and embellishments with your pictures in hand. It makes it much easier to pick out everything if you can match colors. Lastly, I stack my pictures and embellishments with the pictures I am using so when I have time to scrapbook all the prep work is done and I can just have fun and get started.

Have fun with your scrapbooking,

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born on 6-12-03

SeekerMage
05-13-2004, 01:53 AM
I love www.scrapbooks.com
They have a great sale section and last time I ordered they sent two great idea books free with my order! Now if only I had the time to work on them!

raynjen
05-15-2004, 12:33 PM
I COMPLETELY agree with Veronica - when you look at all your photos together it can be WAY too overwhelming so pick up several from an event (1st trip to the zoo, encounters with cereal, bathtime).

When you are trying to keep it simple pick two colors that you like from the photos - buy PLAIN paper (patterned paper is great when you are ready to get in up to your belly-button, but we're trying to keep you knee deep here). Use one for the background and the other to 'mat' your photos.

Most printers will print on most papers and www.abstractfonts.com has hundreds of free fonts to download if you don't like what you've got on your computer at home. I type my journaling (explanations of the photos) and titles, then I print, crop (cut down), and mat them as I would a photo.

Also, when keeping it simple it helps to crop the photos so that they share some dimension (like I might have a 4x6, 6x2, and 4x4 photo on a layout). The other thing that I do when trying to keep it simple is make 8 1/2" x 11" pages rather than 12" x 12". I just find that having that much paper staring back at me is overwhelming. Oh, I also always do two page spreads.

I've included several photos so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about - please excuse the photo quality, I have a digital camera, but no scanner.

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 1/2)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/6103.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/6104.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/6107.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/6108.jpg