PDA

View Full Version : Photo Baby Announcements

mastry
04-20-2004, 11:31 AM
I am looking into making baby announcments and like the ones with b&w photos. I've seen several homemade versions with vellum on top and the photo behind, but I don't really care for that look.

I'd like to print the photo on the vellum with the text to the side and use card stock and a ribbon to combine them. Has anyone created something like this? If so, how much did it cost you and do you think it was worth making them rather than ordering them.

I like the "original designs" at
www.naptimecards.com/home. I've also attached it, in case the link doesn't work.

CM

Dcclerk
04-20-2004, 12:50 PM
I had something almost identical to that. (The difference is that I had the words over the picture, rather than to the side.) I didn't do it myself because I found an ebay seller who did it for soooo cheap (at least IMHO;) ). She printed the picture and text on vellum and had two cards underneath (one a stripe print, the other dots) and tied it all with a blue bow. It was gorgeous, and I think that I ended up paying less than $1.50 per card and she even assembled them! Honestly, she did such a great job and was so great to work with. Here is her contact information, if you want it....

Shmel Stationers
2920 So. Grand Blvd. #120
Spokane WA 99203
eBay ID: GoodDealHunting
[email protected]

Jenabelle
04-28-2004, 12:44 PM
I did something similar for two birthday parties (my grandfather's 85th and my grandmother-in-law's 80th). I designed a card on my home computer using a scanned in b&w photo and then added the text to the side. I had them copied onto pretty cardstock at Kinko's. I purchased the vellum at a local party/card store (it seemed pretty pricey) and got some pretty ribbon at Michael's craft store. Sounds like you would want to print the photo onto the vellum. I think Kinko's or another copy store or printer could do that for you. I found it to be a fun project and I got a lot of compliments, but it was A LOT of work and there were not that many invites that needed to be sent out (less than 50). It does take time to design, print, cut, punch holes, tie the bows, etc. I think it cost about $1 per invite for materials - plus the time it took to do. I don't know if I'll be up for something similar once the baby comes unless I enlist some serious helpers. But it was definitely satisfying to do it myself vs. just ordering them.