PDA

View Full Version : Needed Mother's Day Ideas

Jen in Chicago
04-26-2004, 11:58 AM
Someone posted something in the lounge, but I would love to make something myself. Any ideas? They mentioned stepping stones. How does one make these?

We have 1 first time Grandma, and one with 6 grandchildren to buy for.

For Father's Day last year I gave the men pictures of Jude (2 weeks old) with a sign next to him saying "Happy Father's Day Dad/Grandpa..." They were a hit! The magic of digital pictures made this a quick easy project (Moto Photo was next to TJMaxx.)

miki
04-30-2004, 07:08 PM
You can buy stepping stone kits at craft stores. But if you want to make a bunch, it's more economical to go to the hardware store and get the cement to mix up and use ordinary containers as throwaway molds--like small pizza boxes.

If you just want to give something like a tile with hand/footprints, you can buy a ceramic tile from the hardware store and but paint at the craft store that can be permanently baked onto ceramic in your oven. Something like this could be a kitchen trivet if you put a few of those rubber stickies on the bottom.

Jen in Chicago
05-04-2004, 10:31 AM
We got short on time, we ended up going to a pottery painting place and made handprint trivets and mugs. I would have loved to do them myself, but the closest craft store is 30+ minutes away and traffic was horrible the other day.

We also filled photo magnet frames with pictures for Grandma, Nana and Great Grandma.