PDA

View Full Version : A question for those who have made the felt balls...

rrosen
05-23-2004, 09:03 AM
Ok, I am ready to place an order with Abi to try this. But, I am not sure how much to order. Abi told me I can get an 8 oz sampler of the Roving and the ugly batt by the pound. So, how many balls would that make? My MIL wants to try too. Should I double the order. I am a complete novice so any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance

papal
05-23-2004, 05:23 PM
Rebecca,
The 8oz sampler ( or is it the 8 COLOR sampler?) is plenty for more than a dozen balls... remember, you only use it for the outside layer.
I don't remember how much ugly batting i got the first time around.. but I think it was 1 pound.. it made 4-5 balls.. i ordered some more (you can ask Abi how much she sent me in my SECOND ugly order).. and that is enough to make at least 20 balls (or more). I _think_ it was 5 punds but I am not entirely sure.

hth

rrosen
05-24-2004, 07:50 AM
Thanks Rashmi!
I am going to place my order today!

papal
05-24-2004, 09:43 AM
You are going to have a LOT of fun!!!
Don't forget to do a couple with the cat-balls in the center... those are pretty cool! Also, my baby has not taken to them thaaaat much (she prefers door-stoppers, tupper etc).. BUT dogs seems to like them a whole lot! haha.

rrosen
05-24-2004, 12:51 PM
I hope it is fun! Shipping was very expensive.

Abi said it might take a little while to get since it has been raining so much and the wool is not drying.

Thanks for your help.
I'll let you know how it goes.