PDA

View Full Version : Candy Bar Wrappers for Baby Shower Favors

jenmcadams
06-19-2004, 03:44 PM
I was hoping someone here might have some recommendations for making my own candy bar wrappers (either miniature or standard size) for a baby shower I'm throwing next week. It seems silly to me to pay $0.50 - $1.00 for a wrapper I could probably make myself.

Has anyone done this? Does anyone have a pattern I could borrow?

Thanks,

Jen

cma
06-19-2004, 08:28 PM
I'm looking into this too for my SIL's baby shower.

I use Publisher and I found this site, but haven't played around with it, yet.

http://desktoppub.about.com/od/candywrappers/

Good Luck!

heidi_timms
06-20-2004, 04:27 AM
I made these for my IL's 50th anniversary party. I think that I got my template from the site above. I'm pretty sure I have the template, but it's a Publisher file and you would need Publisher to open it. PM me if you would like it.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

yellowdogmom
06-21-2004, 10:28 AM
The blank address labels that come 30 to a sheet fit perfectly on the chunky little miniatures (both Nestle and Hershey make them - one is calles Treasures, I can't remember the other one). I have rubber stamped them, but you could probably also run them through a color printer with something cute on them. A few in a cellophane bag with a bow at the top is very cute for a favor. :)

jenmcadams
06-21-2004, 11:42 AM
Thanks to everyone for all of your help...I really appreciate it!

wookiewoo
07-01-2004, 08:22 AM
I have a pattern that I made for my baby shower that is in Microsoft word if you would like.
I wrapped it around regular sized Hershey bars. The baby's room is decorated in Forever Friends Bears so I put one of those on it and said "Thanks for making our wait for the baby BEARable"
I do recomend making it simple. I tried to put things on the back side and it was terribly difficult to get everything to line up as I was trying to wrap it.
Let me know if anyone would like the pattern I made. HTH

Heather