PDA

View Full Version : Any great party favor ideas?

suburbanmommy
06-24-2004, 10:46 PM
My DD is having her first birthday party soon and I was wondering whether anyone had a super cute/original party favor idea? There will be a few kids and plenty of adults. I would like to send all of my guests home with something.

Thanks in advance for any and all ideas.

Jen in Chicago
06-25-2004, 02:47 PM
At our DS/DH party we gave out the following snack size/individually packed items in a brown lunch sack stamped with a Curious George stamp (the theme) and tied with a red ribbon:
Curious George fruit snacks
Bob the Builder cookies
Goldfish crackers
Bubbles
Teddy Grahams

Each bag had a tag on it saying Thank you for coming to our party.

Each kid got a bag, and each adult couple got one as they left.

It was easy for child or adults, I am sure each adult can find a use for bubbles.

vikivoly
06-29-2004, 11:24 PM
Not sure this is super original, but I thought it was really cute. I got different wallet sized frames and put a picture of DD in it. I had about 5 different poses and I had them sitting out as part of the place setting. It went over great. One thing though, DD is 5 1/2 yrs younger than her youngest cousin, so she's really special to them and they all love her to death. Her cousins were ages 6-18. I'm not sure it would be the greatest thing for another toddler.

votre_ami03
07-15-2004, 04:03 PM
Nolan is having a luau/beach party & each kid is getting a beach pail w/shovel, filled with goldfish crackers, gummy fish/sharks, bubble & sunglasses. Wouldn't be as cute for the adults though. Although you could replace the kiddie gifts w/adult ones.

If you are doing a barbeque, you could give each adult a bottle of your special barbeque sauce, print out your own label for DD's b-day.

I also saw one show, I think where the parent's had a beer made for a kid's b-day & each guest received their own bottle.

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

lmintzer
07-26-2004, 01:02 AM
This may be too late for your party (sorry!) but maybe will help others. For DS#1's second birthday, we had a jungle animal theme. For party favors, I purchased picture frames from Pier 1 (they were each a wooden animal with a wire coming out of it with a clip to attach a photo). We had roughly two dozen adults guests, so I bought 24 frames, and put a picture from each month of DS's life in each and put them around the house as decorations. I put the pictures in a plastic sleeves to protect them, and that way, I could slide pieces of paper in behind them with the age. People enjoyed viewing his progression, and each guest could take home a frame (with or without the picture) to use as they'd like.