PDA

View Full Version : Scrapbookers: What's your favorite adhesive?

pritchettzoo
08-08-2004, 11:29 AM
I have NEVER found a glue stick that would actually stick the paper or picture to the page. I think I may be glue-stick impaired. Is there a secret? Or a good brand? What other kinds of stick-um (tape, magic dust? those dot things?) do you recommend?

Thanks!

Anna

Buffys Mommy
08-08-2004, 06:20 PM
You are not the only glue-stick impaired person out there. I HATE Glue sticks. That being said, I use both the Creative Memories Tape Runner and the Hermafix dots and tabs. I too have never found a glue stick that worked right. They never hold, and they are so messy. I only have to use a little of the tape runner on each corner and in the middle and my pictures stick without any problem.

For adhearing an entire piece of cardstock, I use phototape (I think 3M makes it).

Tammie
Sarah Michelle 10/13/03

yellowdogmom
08-11-2004, 10:31 AM
My favorite is Hermafix. It is like a taperunner, but you can rub off the adhesive with your finger if you get it where you don't want it. Unlike other repositionables, it sticks really well.

:) Kristin
Mom to Theo, born 1/12/2004
and Morgan the yellow lab

Imperia
08-26-2004, 06:19 AM
I have researched this hahah! A lot of folks say glue sticks stick gives out after awhile. I actually use different adhesives for different things:

--Hermafix Tabs---for pictures and larger pieces of paper
--Hermafix tape runner repostional
--Glue dots for embellishments (don't get Zots, they suck, only glue dots will do!)
--Zig two way glue pen for edges of torn paper
--Diamond glaze when it needs to be invisable

Isn't it sad?! I collect adhesives now...

Imperia

sarsah
08-29-2004, 10:32 PM
Hermafix is my favorite, but it's expensive and I tend to use a lot of it, so it goes fast. I usually buy it at Hobby Lobby when they have their adhesives on sale for either 30% or 50% off.

My second favorite is MonoAdhesive. I buy it in bulk from Viking Office Suppily (www.vikingop.com) for fairly cheap.

Sarah.......mom to Jason & Devin

miki
08-30-2004, 11:58 PM
There are also repositionable adhesive sprays. Especially good if you are mounting a large photo or border. Put the item you are mounting face down in a shoebox to contain the spray.

amp
08-31-2004, 04:07 PM
I hate Hermafix. Call me weird! I use a xyron machine for all my adhering needs. And when that won't work in a certain situation, I turn to either photo sqauares or a glue stick. My favorite gluestick is Zig 2 way glue, which comes in various sizes of tips.

aim
09-02-2004, 12:11 PM
I hate glue sticks as well - I use Creative memories tape runner and glue dots depending on what I am sticking down

Amy
DS Bennett 1-14-04

nupe
09-04-2004, 08:51 PM
I don't scrapbook, but I do other paper projects. I like the hermafix vario.