PDA

View Full Version : Enlarging/framing birth announcement

laurajaney
08-13-2004, 10:46 AM
Hi! I'd like to frame DS's birth announcement similar to the way I did his big brother's. However, the manufacturer who made the announcement (SMAC Greetings) for my older son gave us a free 8x10 enlargement. I used a different manufacturer (Stacy Claire Boyd) for my second son and I only have the actual announcement (i.e. small).

Does anyone know of any way I can have it reproduced and enlarged in a way that would be suitable for framing?

My only other idea was to accept that they will be different and mount the actual announcement in a shadow box frame and try to make it cute/special with some decorative ornamentation that coordinates with the announcement.

Thanks in advance!
:-)

aim
09-02-2004, 12:20 PM
You could so a color copy at kinko's that would probably look pretty good - I am surprised at how good those machines are now - I made enlargments of some illustrations from kids books to frame for the nursery and people keep asking me where I got the "artwork"

Though I like you shadow box ideas - you could include a coming home outfit or a special pair of booties or something else really small - hospital bracelet or other stuff to make it more of a collage rather than just the announcement. Or you could just go to a scrapbook store and find stuff to decorate the announcement in the shadow box - I am sure you could find something to coordinate

Amy
DS Bennett 1-14-04

laurajaney
09-02-2004, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the ideas. I'm definitely leaning toward the shadow box idea. I was even looking at all the baby embellishments at Michael's.

Do you think, though, if I decorate a shadow box with baby stuff that the announcement won't be able to grow with DS? i.e. Will he not want it is his room when he gets bigger? Another option would be to decorate the shadow box with sports stuff because the announcement is sports-themed.

Any thoughts?