PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find ideas to make my own birthday invitations?

smomom
09-15-2004, 02:45 PM
DS will be turning 2 soon and I want to make the invitations for his little party. I can't seem to find any good sites for ideas. Does anyone have any suggestions?

btw.... we haven't nailed down a theme yet - possibly doggies or barnyard. Any ideas are appreciated.

thanks!

amp
09-15-2004, 04:45 PM
Dana - I don't know off the top of my head, but here's what I suggest. When we were making birth announcements, I looked at lots of birth announcement sights for ideas. Did the same for birthday invites. Didn't really find what I needed. I basically ended up looking at birthday scrapbooking ideas and translating that into an invite, if that makes sense.

I'd do a google search on birthday invitations, or scrapbooking ideas, or birthday scrapbooking, or something like that and see what you come up with.

Also, any craft store will carry scrapbooking and papercraft magazines. Flip through few of those.

The other thing I did was just go to the store and look at the birthday related embellishments to see what appealed to me. I ended up using carstock w/ decorative tags, candles and buttons for the birthday invite. Our announcements were cardstock w/ vellum and a footprint. Good luck!

amazz
09-15-2004, 04:57 PM
I would do a search in this forum and possibly in the lounge. There have been some really good ideas and directions in the past couple months.

Angela
EDD 10/15/04
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

ellies mom
09-16-2004, 01:16 AM
Try Hero Arts Stamps and Stampin' Up. Both have examples of cards. They maybe a little adult, but you might be able to get ideas.

Jen in Chicago
09-16-2004, 09:02 AM
I have found a lot of ideas here. http://www.impressrubberstamps.com/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=birthday_card_ideas

I have made a variety of cards and have a lot of fun doing it. Other good places for ideas are stamping or scrapbook stores. I admit, I like to see things in person.

Have fun! You can always go simple and just do a handprint or footprint (easy to do while in a highchair or exersaucer). You can make double the amount, and use the extras for Thank You's. I am a sucker for "themes."

lisbeth916
09-18-2004, 12:49 AM
Dana,
I am a Stampin' Up! demonstrator (if you are unaware of the company, you can check out www.stampinup.com). The idea book and catalog is a great resource for all kinds of ideas for cards, paper crafts and scrapbooking. There are demonstrators all over the country, you could request a search for one near you. Or, if you want, e-mail me and I will be happy to help you anyway I can. HTH ~Beth

jec2
09-18-2004, 02:50 AM
This is what i did too. I knew we would have a photo as part of the card but wanted to mount it on a card. I searched some scrapbooking pages...don't recall where now. Then, I just put my faith in the woman in at the scrapbooking store. We nailed down what I was going to do in under an hour. I've made a few slight changes since that first trip but nothing major.

muskiesusan
09-20-2004, 09:47 PM
I get a lot of ideas from familyfun.com They have barnyard theme suggestions here: http://tinyurl.com/6zcsc I couldn't find a picture of the invite, but my sister did it and it is really cute!

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01/01
& Alex 04/27/04