PDA

View Full Version : Paper for Christmas cards

HGraceMom
09-22-2004, 06:00 PM
I've decided to make our Christmas cards this year - I have a beautiful photo of DD I want to use, but it doesn't "match" the photo cards I found at the card shop today - Where are good places to look for card stock? We have a kinkos, Michael's, JoAnn etc. close by, but I can't get to them all in a day - they're miles apart... Any suggestions?

Also, if anyone has a suggestion or two, I'd love the help!

thanks in advance! Renee

ellies mom
09-22-2004, 10:19 PM
Skip Joannes, Kinkos is a maybe, I'd check online or call first about color choices. Michael's will have cardstock. Try a Scrapbook or stamping store if there is one near by. A paper supply store will have more color choices, than an "office" supply store but Office Depot or Staples may have something. Like Kinko's you may want to check online before making a trip. Good luck and have fun.

Jen in Chicago
09-24-2004, 09:13 AM
In Chicago we had an Apex (???) Office Supply store and they had TONS of colors right there in the store. You could buy them by the ream or by the sheet.

I have made a ton of cards, and recommend getting a ream of cardstock. It is usually less than $15 and 1 ream can make 500 cards!!!

I received a papercutter as a gift, but find one you can use to cut the sheets to size. 1/2 of a sheet of paper folded fits in invitation envelopes.

Glue Dots on the back of a wallet size picture work great for simple cards. You can embellish them with stickers or stamps. You can make things that look very professional, but you made them which will give you a lot of satisfaction.

Inside you can print a message on another color of paper and glue it in, or stamp a message (have a custom made one, or buy one at a craft store.)

A ream of paper can do a long way. I love making simple cards with just a goof picture of Jude on the front. I am at the point I no longer buy cards if I can help it.