PDA

View Full Version : Calling all scrapbookers

amp
09-24-2004, 02:48 PM
How do you store your paper? I have used various methods of storing my 8.5x11 & 12x12 paper, but mostly have just used those hard cardboard accordian files w/ the handle. I do have one transluscent plastic one too (Generations maybe?) Anyway, I am considering trays, but am concerned they will not save me any space (it's either sitting on the desk in trays or sitting on the floor in files) and will get dusty. But I can't decide. And the clincher is that I have so much paper right now that I actually broke my accordian file and my plastic one by overloading it! So now I really HAVE to buy some things. If I buy the accordian files, I'll have to buy about 3 of them to fit paper and die cuts too (which are currently in file folders for easy access).

Any suggestions?

lisbeth916
09-24-2004, 03:46 PM
I use a hanging folder system. I actually have two on the floor right now. one is a crate, that has the rail in it for hanging folders, the other one is a plastic (rubbermaid or sterlite, not sure which) box that is for hanging folders also, however, it is larger (instead of square it is rectangular) and it has wheels on the bottom. It also has a lid that has those flip up/down flaps for locking it into place (instead of just a snap fitting lid) Does that make sense? If not, let me know and I will take a picture of it. One note tho, I slide it around on the floor. I do not take it with me to scraps. I have too much paper in it and it weighs a ton. HTH, ~Beth

Dyonia
09-26-2004, 07:59 PM
Funny you should ask this! My MIL has asked for this rolling rack and hanging file system for her scrapbooking papers for her bday.

http://www.comics.com/basic/home.do?comicId=22&

She is also *EXTREMELY* into stamping....so she has a wall (a literal wall!) of those cardboard mail sorter things that you buy at staples. She is a Stampin Up! rep/demonstrator, so at any given time, she's got about 100 colors/styles of 8.5x11" papers. It does take up a good bit of space, so I don't think that it is quite what you're looking for. If you're interested though, I can snap a pic of it for you.

Buffys Mommy
09-26-2004, 09:55 PM
I currently use wire cubes from Target. I zip tied the extra shelves to the cubes and have 8-9 shelves in each cube. Cheap and effective. Mine are in a closet so I don't have the dust issue.

I really like the new cropper hopper vertical storage. I've heard great reviews on those too.

Tammie
Sarah Michelle 10/13/03

abigailsmom
09-27-2004, 01:21 AM
I did the same thing, but mine are on the floor with magazines in the botton. i even made doors to close them to keep my Pooper out. I am enclosing a pic. Please excuse the quality of the pic... it is from my Palm Zire 71.

HTH!

Robyn
Mom to Abigail
and hopefully my new baby... Robyn's Nest Creations

ETA: PLEASE ignore the condition that my craft desk is in!!! I am now VERY embarrassed!

amp
09-29-2004, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the ideas ladies. I'm still looking at options, but have to decide soon....my scrapping desk looks like a tornado hit it!

Imperia
10-01-2004, 07:18 AM
I now use Cropper Hopper vertical storage:

http://www.cropperhopper.com/products/default.asp

because it takes up A LOT less space than horizontal and it's easier to find teh paper I need without having to rifle through a whole pile. I can just flip through without disturbing it.

For awhile I used the folding accordian style, but I didn't feel I could "See" my paper well in there and I had to take out a whole pile (I had it sorted by colour) each time I wanted to look for a piece. Then, it go too full and ripped, eek, so now I use the CH system like I said.

Imperia

aim
10-06-2004, 10:26 AM
I also use the target cube with extra shelves zip tied in to make shelves. If you want directions let me know - you should laso go to www.twopeasinabucket.com and do a search in their message boards for 12x12 storage and you will see a million ideas also in their gallery they have a section of pictures that people have posted of their scrapbook rooms and you can see lots of paper storage ideas there - including pictures of the wire cubes assembled.

Amy