PDA

View Full Version : Finally finished diaper bag

Mikesa3
10-02-2004, 09:32 PM
I had posted before about making a diaper bag.It took me several weeks but I finished.I'm happy with how it turned out.I used a pattern but made several changes.I put pockets on the side but they are a little small to hold a cup.I will use more interfacing next time.
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

luvbeinmama
10-03-2004, 01:21 AM
Very pretty! I like the fabrics! :) The button is a nice touch.

I can see your problem with the side pockets. They are also a bit too short for cups. You could use those pockets for your cell phone & keys. Really, the side pockets don't have to be the same level as the bottom fabric. It looks fine if they are taller on the sides (check out my picks again). Do you like the dark fabric on the inside? I picked a light fabric because I wanted to be able to see everything. Do you find that to be an issue? or do you care?

Wow, I'll bet you get a lot of compliments with that bag.

Mikesa3
10-03-2004, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the compliments.:-) The way my pattern was the bottom is two pieces not 4 so it would have to be changed to make pockets taller.My cell phone does just fit but I'd have to put a flap on the pocket to make sure it wouldn't fall out.The picture makes it look darker then it is.I really need to learn how to take digital pictures.LOL The pockets are made of the blue pattern material so it's not too dark.I haven't had a problem with it being too dark.All the pockets keep it organized.:-)To be honest I'm a little bummed because nobody has complimented on the bag unless I say look at what I made.I guess it's silly but one of the reason I was excited to make it was thinking about those compliments. Being a SAHM we need a pat on the back now and then.LOL
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

luvbeinmama
10-04-2004, 01:42 AM
LOL! IKWYM about the compliments. Sometimes it seems we have to go fishing. BUT my friends are amazed when I tell them I made it! :P Bummer about the side pockets, I'm trying to think how to adjust that. The pattern I used (same as JennyLynn) had 4 sides. I've been thinking lately about making another bag, but wider LOL! It's hard to fit stuff in the middle when all the pockets are full, all the room is taken up! LOL!

Well, lots of pats for you! :)