PDA

View Full Version : Baby page ideas for scrapbooking

yoful
11-03-2004, 04:12 PM
Hi everyone! I have 5 month old twin boys and am going to start their scrapbooks v. soon. I am wondering if you all have any ideas for pages for babies. I am trying to figure out where to begin. I have so many pictures and am trying to get a jumping off point. Thanks for the input!

ellies mom
11-04-2004, 04:11 AM
I would buy a magazine. If you go to a scrapbook store you can find a bunch of different magazines ether monthly issues or ones devoted to just one topic (some are spendy $15) that have a billion ideas you can "steal". Even if the page isn't a baby page sometimes one will jump out at you. I go through my collection of magazines all the time.

Lynnie
11-04-2004, 09:34 AM
i want to start mine too. (a 7 month old and a 2 1/2 year old.... i am a little bit of a procrastinator) and i want to do one for each.

anyway, i found also that a magazine was a great way to get ideas - i got one at a craft store in a kit, and then bought one spur of the moment at the grocery store

also, i got a bunch by just searching this folder, because a lot of people have uploaded pictures of theirs. at first i was overwhelmed at the idea because i have so many pictures, but what i think i am going to do is make a regular family photo album with most of the pictures in chronological order, and then for the scrapbooks, make them more about either special occasions or certain themes. of course i also got overwhelmed looking at some of the ones people have made here, because i would never in a million years have the time/patience/dedication/artistic ability to do them, but then i have seen some other really nice ones that acutally look doable. and, its not for a competition or anything, its just a was to make a cute and meaningful keepsake for my boys.

one day at work when i was taking a mental break, i e-mailed myself a bunch of ideas that i came up with. of course, now that i am looking for it to share with you, i can't find it...

anyway, i am thinking of doing one page(double - you know, when you open the book, one side on the left one side on the right) for when each was first born, maybe another with the theme family, and have a pic of family members holding each when he was little, another for the bris, another about food, the first time he ate, picture of that kind of thing, one about bathtime, and for the two year old, one about football, since he is a football fiend, one with dr. seuss characters and a pic or two of him reading, and stuff like that. i bought a bunch of stuff at a craft store (in may when i though i could do it over the summer ha ha), but also, alot of the cards they have gotten for each occasion have very very cute pictures and phrases, so i am going to try to incorporate some of them too.

anyway, good luck and post an example when you do yours - i am sure it will be long before i get mine done ! :-)

Buffys Mommy
11-07-2004, 05:28 PM
There is a website called www.twopeasinabucket.com that has amazing ideas. You can search their gallery of pages and see so many amazing scrapbook pages. In fact, it can be a bit overwhelming.

Most of the magazines have put out Baby scrapbooking special additions in the last year or two.

What I did for Sarah's album is start sketching out her first year on paper. Each month I've looked at special events, (her birth, holidays, major firsts) and have tried to do a separate page for each. If I have enough pictures to do a page of an "ordinary" event, such as a day at the park, then I may do a page for that to. The rest of the pictures that I like (and I take a ton too) I put on 3-4 pages that comprise mis. pictures from the month. A friend turned me on to the Deluxe Cuts color blocking templates and it's amazing how many pictures you can fit on a page and how well you can tie them together. The other thing I do is journal on my computer each night a little blurb about her day. Then I put together one calendar page for each month in her album. It's nice to look back on my journaling of her and see how much she's grown and changed.

I know I sound organized, but most of this is still on paper - I'm WAY behind on her album. But at least I have a game plan so that when she is 18 :) I can go back and do her album.

Tammie
Sarah Michelle 10/13/03

brigmaman
11-09-2004, 01:51 AM
I just started a scrapbook for a friend who is due in December, so I have some pages bookmarked.
You can search for layouts here:
http://dmarie.com/layouts/

Here's a starting point:
http://www.ehow.com/how_4582_make-babys-first.html

And here are more layout ideas:
http://www.scrapbookingwithlove.com/ideaPages.asp

Can you tell I tend to "steal" ideas!
Also Michael's has a ton of pages that are set up already so that all you have to do is put in your pictures. They also have kits to get you started.
Good Luck!