PDA

View Full Version : Ordering digital prints online, where?

icemamma
11-06-2004, 04:40 PM
I want to send a digital photo online and have it printed photo quality. I know there are tons of places to do this but I don't know if the quality of one place is better than another. Does anyone have any suggestions?

By the way, this is for DD's Xmas cards, they'll be inserted in a photo frame card.

Thanks for any comments!

i c e m a mm a

wookiewoo
11-06-2004, 07:55 PM
I love having my digital photos printed, it's so nice to just print the ones I want and still have the rest too. I have had mine printed locally, small camera shops, target, walmart even! I've never tried online...
They run around $.25 for a 4x6 print here. But they offer wallet and beyond here. Sometimes cheaper if they get competitive. I have also seen online coupons for 25 free prints from Target, seems to run in cycles, maybe one will come up soon?
Personally, I like having it done locally b/c if I am unhappy with the results, I just ask for reprints. Only had to do that once and they were super nice about it. I also like that I get my prints in about an hour. Some local stores offer online uploading like the e-stores but I haven't tried that.
Good luck with your printing! Post a pic of your card when you finish it. I'd love to see how it turns out.

HTH
Heather

octmom
11-07-2004, 09:31 AM
I've used Ofoto and have been pleased with the quality. Their prints are done on Kodak paper.

HTH!

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

NYSarah
11-08-2004, 12:54 AM
I've just recently switched to Winkflash from Ofoto, i did several prints at both places and they looked either identical or slightly better at Winkflash; Winkflash is cheaper (.16 each last week) and you can get matte finish as well as glossy. If you plan to get a lot of photos printed I'd go ahead and spring for a sample from a couple places and pick the place you like best!

brandiscrapbook
11-23-2004, 08:49 PM
We use dotphoto.com

npace19147
11-23-2004, 11:26 PM
We use ofoto as well - there's a coupon there now, card30 for 30% off.

Rachels
11-29-2004, 01:53 PM
I ordered the same print from Shutterfly, Ofoto, and Club Photo, and I liked Shutterfly's the best. I also like that you can share your albums there without other people having to register or login. Ofoto was a close second in terms of print quality. Club Photo was a very, very distant third.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Two years and counting!

lisbeth916
11-30-2004, 10:36 AM
Someone just recently asked this question in the lounge. You may want to go browse that thread too.
I have used both Snapfish and York. Currently I saw that York had digital prints for 12 cents each. So far that is the cheapest I have found.
Hope that helps, ~Beth

Jen841
12-02-2004, 09:13 AM
I download to Sams Club and pick them up. $.18 each and no shipping! I think you can do the same at many Costco's.

WeasieG
02-13-2005, 01:37 AM
Do not go to Target for them to be printed. While the service is good, the product is poor. My pictures were tainted yellowish, and after spending all that money on FINALLY printing out all our pictures [a year's worth... terrible about bringing them in!], their photo quality was really disappointing.

ellies mom
02-13-2005, 05:16 AM
As a PP mentioned, Costco does print photos, also for 18 cents a print. When looking at the actual online places, not places where you send it online but pick it up IRL, be sure to remember shipping when looking at costs. My very quick survey averaged about 5 cents a print. Kind of jacks up the price a bit.

westgre
02-13-2005, 09:34 PM
I have only used snapfish to order online. It took about four days to get the prints, but they were great quality. I picked them because they print on Kodak paper -- I'm pretty sure shutterfly uses other paper. They are $.19 each. I had a promotional code from American Baby for 25 free prints. Here's the link:
www.snapfish.com/ambabydec.

Gretchen & Lyra (12/30/02)

lilycat88
02-13-2005, 11:24 PM
We use Snapfish as well and love it. We uploaded them to Walmart.com for a while and picked the pictures up at a local store but I had one too many encounters with teenage bippys behind the counter who looked at me like I was on drugs when I inquired about "digital photos that I was picking up that had been uploaded and sent to the store to pick up". If I got one more blank stare, I was going to scream.

hellosmiletoday
02-14-2005, 12:13 PM
I do not have much experience with digital prints as I only recently purchased a dig. camera. Thus far I have found Costco to be better than walgreens, and comparable to snapfish. I did not like ofoto's quality or the fact that they only come in glossy. And sadly I found out they only produce glossy prints after putting a $7 order in, so I have to reorder all my prints. I'm going to try shutterfly and some of the others mentioned above.

If you are doing cards, you should check out costco. They go christmas cards, but also other types of cards, such as b-day cards, etc -- although you have to order in increments of 50

Mommy to baby girl 5.8.04

alien_host
02-17-2005, 10:33 PM
I've used Shutterfly and Ofoto. Both used to offer free prints when you sign-up. The might still offer it. I use mostly shutterfly now and they often have offers for free shipping etc.

Costco is pretty good as well.

I've seen a lot of ads lately for www.winkflash.com but I haven't tried it.

Winkflash has a deal right now at 8 cents a print - the best price I've seen - use code:

WP78FGTY

laurajaney
04-27-2005, 09:28 PM
I've been using Ofoto (which is now Kodak gallery, I guess), but have been interested in finding something cheaper.

Here's my question: I'm not very computer savvy, so I have to defer to DH for lots of computer stuff. With his OK (he's computer virus phobic), I downloaded the Ofoto software so I can upload our pictures. If I'm going to shop around for different online printers, do I have to keep downloading their software? And if I do, don't I increase my chances of picking up a virus?

Thanks!

kcimato
04-30-2005, 07:26 PM
I reccomend ofot which is now kodakgallery.com. I love their photo books and just recently ordered prints which came back better than expected. I have tried shutterfly and don't like the quality of theeir prints. Kodak gallery will give you 15 free prints when you sign up.

kcimato
04-30-2005, 07:28 PM
I reccomend ofoto which is now kodakgallery.com. I love their photo books and just recently ordered prints which came back better than expected. I have tried shutterfly and don't like the quality of theeir prints. Kodak gallery will give you 15 free prints when you sign up.

wookiewoo
04-30-2005, 08:22 PM
I totally hear your frustration with having to download programs just to upload photos!! While it may bog down your computer, or maybe share information about your internet or computer usage (the company's privacy policy would tell you if so or not) you won't get a virus from downloading these programs from sites like ofoto. If you were to go to joeshchmoepictures.com you would be right to hesitate to download a program on to your computer. Reputable companies are charging us plenty to make sure that they offer safe services on the net.

And don't forget, you can always uninstall the program later, or if you're like me, just reformat (I'm so virus phobic I back things up VERY regularly :) )

HTH and good luck
Heather

ett
05-04-2005, 10:07 AM
We also use ofoto and have been very happy with them. They now have an option where you can have your pictures sent to your local CVS for $1.50 handling fee and no other shipping costs. That's great because I always hated paying their high shipping costs. Seems to cancel out any discount code that I had. I did this with my last order and had no problems with it.