PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas for cute Thanksgiving crafts?

JFC
11-13-2004, 07:57 PM
Hi all. I'm hosting our first Thanksgiving this year and want to make some cute decorations like placecards with handprint Turkeys. Does anyone have any other ideas?? Thanks!

redhookmom
11-13-2004, 09:39 PM
There are some great ideas here: http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/special/minisite/thanksgiving_main_ms/

JFC
11-14-2004, 02:21 PM
Thanks Jessica!! This looks like a great website.

Many thanks,
Jess

Jen841
11-15-2004, 08:19 PM
Last year we made handprint cards with brown ink. They were a hit. I also send some pictures of Jude with a Black hat on them made with construction paper. I may have seen this in Family Fun. You could use either for placecards. Do you have pictures of all of your guests that you could put a "Thanksgiving type" hat on a picture for their place?

Family fun had fun Turkey hats featured last year if you want something more elaborate.

For yourself (and any guest chef's if you are feeling generous) you could make an apron with your child(ren)'s handprints on it and make Turkeys. It will be a momento to have for years to come.

I don't know the age of your kids, but if they can do cookie cutters they could help with pies and make designs on the pies with pie crust cut into shapes.

nan
11-16-2004, 11:47 AM
My MIL's neighbor made the cutest turkeys out of oreos, candy corn malted milk balls (whoppers) and red hots ...

1. Cut an oreo in half, with filling on both sides (we used chocolate-filled, if you can find the orange ones that would be even better.)
2. Place one half filling-up on the table. Place the other half at a right angle, about 2/3 off-center of the flat one. Secure with chocolate cake decorating icing (in a tube).
3. Use icing to "glue" candy corn in a fan shape on the upright oreo. Voila-- a tail!
4. Place a whopper in front of the tail for the body, and ice a red-hot on top of that for the head.

Super-easy-- my 1 1/2 yo really just liked licking the oreos, but the 4 year old and her 3 year old cousin had a lot of fun.

nan