PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for scrapbooking gifts

pixelprincess
11-21-2004, 02:16 AM
I am doing a secret santa exchange with a group of folks. The person I have is a scrapbooker so I'd like to find ideas for a gift for her. I only have $15 to work with...not a whole lot, but also need something for her daughter with an additional $15.

It seems that there are some avid scrapbookers here. Any ideas for what I can find in that budget? She isn't a beginner and I don't really know where to begin. So websites, IRL stores, supplies would be helpful.

TIA.

ellies mom
11-22-2004, 03:03 AM
It is kind of hard to give ideas, since we don't know what they've got but things that are always good are eyelets, brads, vellum, cardstock. I sometimes buy a random bunch of stuff for my SIL. Sometimes you can find alphabet stamp sets for about $15, those are cool. SEI (a brand) sells all sorts of coordinated products, you could just buy a bunch of stuff. Some stores also sell page kits. Oh, yeah there are these templates for color blocking (the person at a scrapbook store would be able to help you find it) that are pretty cool that a new scraper may not have. Storage bins are helpful.

Michaels sells a lot of scrapbook supplies. There is a store that is both online and IRL called Memory Makers. I do not know if you have on in your area, but a gift card from them can also be used online.

Good luck shopping. I think it is great that you know a direction to shop in. I wish DH knew something about his gift exchange person. Why can't he get a scrapper? All he told me about the girl he got is that she has a mole. Huge help. :)

heidi_timms
11-22-2004, 08:43 PM
I love the SEI sets. Also, it's nice to get those paper punches or embellishments like eyelets or brads. If you can find an affordable book-idea books(for layouts) are always nice. I saw some memories ones at Michael's that were really nice. Michael's always has those 40% off coupons in the Sunday paper.

HTH!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

pixelprincess
11-25-2004, 01:23 AM
Thanks Veronica and Heidi for your suggestions. The SEI stuff is pretty neat...makes me want to start scrapbooking!!

new_mommy25
11-25-2004, 03:12 PM
I was at Costco last night and picked up 300 sheets of 12x12 cardstock in 20 different colors for $14.39! With tax it came to 14.99. That is such a good deal for the amount of paper you are getting.