PDA

View Full Version : Need someone to help me fix this... (pic)

youngmommy
03-01-2005, 01:43 PM
BS"D

My MIL send me this sweater and headband set from Copenhagen for DD. The sweater fits well, but the headband is too small. How can I find someone to fix it for me? Wish I could do it myself, but I don't know how to do this stuff (yet!) Any suggestions are appreciated.
TIA!

ellies mom
03-01-2005, 03:23 PM
I didn't see a picture but I might be able to help. I'm going to assume the headband is knitted also? Is it lined on the inside with fabric or just knitted? If the headband is all knit you should be able to wet it down, stretch it to the new size and allow it to dry. You can also stretch it to the new size and steam (not iron) it until damp and then let it dry. Since you probably don't want to wear it the entire time it's drying, you may want to pin it to an ironing board. If the headband is lined, and it probably is, it will be a little trickier. I'd go to a yarn shop (not inside a craft store but a real one) and ask if they know who'd be willing to do it. Pretty much your looking at removing or at least cutting the lining, reblocking the headband (instructions above) and reattaching or prettying up the lining. Good Luck.

youngmommy
03-01-2005, 03:52 PM
BS"D

Sorry! Forgot to include pic...

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22334.jpg

The headband is not lined, but it's knitted (or however it's made) pretty tightly around the edges. I was thinking I would need someone to take apart the seam and put in a piece of elastic or something. I've tried and tried to search the internet to find someone who would do this for me, but I just don't even know how to look for such a person. Any suggestions?

ellies mom
03-01-2005, 11:53 PM
I would try re-blocking it. That is the first procedure I suggested. It is pretty easy. I would dampen it, stretch it to the size you needed. Then I would pin it to something (ironing board cover would be perfect) and allow it to dry. If you really don't want to try, do the last suggestion and call a yarn speciality shop (look in phonebook- they don't always have websites). They'll have someone who can help you out.