PDA

View Full Version : Scapbookers: do you go mobile?

wookiewoo
03-09-2005, 10:24 PM
I posted a while back that I was starting to try scrapbooking, even digital if I could (the emphasis is on try mind you). You all were so helpful then so I thought I'd ask again.

I've been invited to an "evening of scrapbooking. A group of ladies, all at the scrapbooking store who scrap together. It really sounds like fun and they are really nice gals. But I'm afraid I'll make a fool of myself! I don't want to look lame and just come with nothing. I am hoping you all can help me??!!

How do you organize your materials? I have plain plastic "show-off" boxes that I have thrown my stuff in. I saw some nice carrying cases but they were kinda pricey (I'm thinking I'd rather spend the money on embellishments, paper, etc) or do I really need one? I'm planning on bringing my pictures and what I have for the lo I have planned and go from there. Is there anything I absolutely need or should avoid??

Any clever ideas or suggestions for a newbie would really be appreciated!!!

TIA
Heather

ellies mom
03-10-2005, 03:29 AM
That is a good question. I hardly go to crops because I don't have the best answer. I do all my journaling and most of my titles on the computor so I'm most comfortable with it near by. That said, it really doesn't matter how you get your stuff there as long as you get there. There will be plenty of time for the fancy expensive bags and what not later. If the ladies think you look lame, then they aren't that nice.

Most people do the stuff that has to be done at home such as (in my case) printing photos, journaling, and titles ahead of time and just do the cutting and assembling at the crop. You can use a page protectors to hold all the stuff that will make up a layout, so it is all in one place.

As for what to bring, cutting supplies, gluing supplies, your favorite punches or stamps, and whatever other tools you can't live without.

So I think you have exactly the right idea. Gather the photos, your supplys for the layout, and whatever you need to make it all stick together (or be the right size). The few crops I've been to have been a lot of fun. So, go and have a great time.

wookiewoo
03-12-2005, 12:22 PM
Thank you so much for the tips! I went to the crop last night and it was really fun! Once I got there I realized they weren't all so "professional" as I thought, zip lock baggies, grocery store bags, etc just like I had.

I did put my items that I had for my layouts in page protectors as you suggested and they thought that was a great idea since you can see what is where. So thank you for the help again!

I have to agree with you that I think it may be easier to do it at home. It certainly was nice to have a "girls" night out though!

Heather