PDA

View Full Version : Family portrait suggestions?

lovemyboys
05-01-2005, 05:47 PM
I'm looking to have a family portrait taken with 6 adults and 3 kids (under the age of 3). Any tips on posing, location, or what to wear? Thanks!

bchafin
05-02-2005, 06:22 AM
It depends on where you live. I'm going to take my son to Celebrity Kids for his first portraits at a year (if he ever stops falling down long enough not to have a bruise!) They have a limited area and are expensive, but they seem really good. They have a large section for family portraits as well as just kids. Check out their web site at

http://celebritykids.com/

Barb

MMEand1
05-04-2005, 07:43 AM
We have had our family pictures taken at Picture People. We do a yearly family picture in black and white with everyone wearing black pants and a white shirt. We are also having a photographer come over this weekend to da a photo shoot. He is a college student and needs the practice. We want to do one with everyone in blue jeans, white shirts and a blue jean jacket.
Good luck! I'm sure that regardless of what you do, they will turn out great!
Mariah P.

danagee
05-05-2005, 08:28 AM
We just got our portrait pix taken yesterday and the photog suggested black shirts or turtlenecks with jeans (seems to be comfy and casual and shows the faces more)
and as a secondary outfit (a little bit more formal) she suggested white shirts and khaki pants.
We got to see some of the preliminary shots and they were great!

Jen841
05-09-2005, 11:03 AM
Our rule for 30+ was to wear white, khaki and/or denim. Everyone had colors close to their face that were good for them. It allowed people's personality to show, and and us to all be in something flattering for us. It worked out great and the picture was priceless!

Every year at Christmas our friends do a picture where each "family" (4 kids each with children) has on a different color shirt with khaki's of some sort (skirt, pants, shorts,...) It is really cute and with such a large group you can piece together each family.

lovemyboys
06-05-2005, 10:04 PM
We just had the portraits done last week and they turned out great! All of the adults wore dark tops and bottoms - supposed to focus on your faces better. The kids wore dark bottoms and red tops. Adorable! We have already received so many compliments on them! The dark colors also make you look thinner! We're thrilled - The dark colors are also timeless (ladies wore black tops, men wore dark blue).

danagee
06-06-2005, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the follow up!
We also got our portraits back & they look incredible with us all in black tops & dark jeans. The baby looks so cute in his turtleneck.

It was almost impossible to find a turtleneck in March; I had to get a huge size & sew it smaller for him. So from now on, I'll be sure to get one every winter to have for photos.
Dana