PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone made a taggy blanket?

brigmaman
05-21-2005, 09:07 PM
Lol, I have no idea what these are really called. :)
Cadie loves to hold the tags and/or ribbons on her toys and stuffed animals. I think she'd love a taggy blanket, but thought I might be able to make one myself. Has anyone ever done it?

Karenn
05-21-2005, 10:16 PM
I have! If you sew at all, it's a really easy project, and a heck of a lot cheaper! I just went to the fabric store, found some cute flanel and picked out a few ribbons that sort of matched and stitched it up all in one night. I think I spent maybe $5 total. Of course since I put so much effort into making it, Claire isn't as thrilled with it as I thought she'd be, but I'm still proud of myself. ;)

It is called a "taggie" and they retail for around $20. I looked and looked and couldn't find one much less than that. I'm just glad I didn't actually spend the $20 since it's only moderately entertaining to her!

s7714
05-21-2005, 11:49 PM
I made one too. I just bought a yard or so of like eight different ribbons, and used some fleece I had on hand for the blanket part. Very easy and much cheaper than buying one ready-made. I will admit though, that by the time I got around to making it, DD's tag interest had lessened. ;) I'll wait to see if DC #2 goes through the same tag chewing phase that DD did.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif
#2 It's a girl! EDD: 6/05
http://lilypie.com/days/050627/0/24/1/-8/.png

brigmaman
05-29-2005, 12:25 PM
I'm a total sewing novice, but have lots of confidence! :o So did you just lay the two pieces of fabric together and then sew the ribbon between?

Karenn
05-29-2005, 08:57 PM
Yep- I put the fabric right sides together and then pinned the ribbons in place around three sides. I stitched around 3 sides of the square, and turned it right side out. Then I folded in the edge of the fourth side of the square and pinned the ribbon to that. I folded the other side under and stitched it shut. Voila! Taggie Blanket!
It really isn't too hard, I promise!