PDA

View Full Version : empty paint cans? need for wedding gift...

wookiewoo
07-01-2005, 10:30 PM
I'm wanting to make a "kit" for a wedding gift. I have seen the wedding time capsules that they sell online but I want to make something more personal for our two longtime friends.

The main thing I need help finding is a container that would hold everything. I found empty paint cans at the container store's website, cheap at $1.99 for a gallon size, but I don't have a local store. Any ideas where I can find one or another container idea?? Any suggestions, ideas, help are greatly appreciated!

TIA
Heather

ellies mom
07-02-2005, 01:07 AM
Check a regular craft store or possibly Home Depot, Lowes or something like Sherwin Williams. Sounds like a wonderful idea. If you can't find and empty paint can maybe you could get a unfinished wooden box (maybe treasure chest shaped) at a Michaels type place and decorate it.

ETA- I just want to mention that I love your user's name. It's fun to say.

pritchettzoo
07-02-2005, 02:31 PM
Home Depot and Lowes have them.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

wookiewoo
07-03-2005, 01:06 PM
Thank you both for the ideas. I don't know why on earth I didn't think of a paint store to get PAINT cans... DUH!!

I like the treasure chest idea! They are having a tropical, sea, beach type of theme to their wedding and that may be just perfect!!! I'm going to go out shopping today, I can't wait to get this started, the wedding is on the 21st of this month!

Thanks again for the help girls

Heather

ps I'm glad the name makes you smile, it does me too and I use it every chance I get when online. Where else can you make your own name be something soooo silly other than the net?? :)

Marisa6826
07-04-2005, 03:54 PM
The Container Store has all kinds of really cool, um, containers. ;)

http://images.containerstore.com/MEDIA/ProductCatalog/5752/5752.jpg

http://www.containerstore.com/browse/Product.jhtml?CATID=262&PRODID=62625

They had a lot of other really nifty items too.

-m