PDA

View Full Version : What craft project are you working on right now?

pingumel
09-05-2006, 01:46 PM
just wondering what range of crafts you all are working on. :)

i'm working on a knit scarf for myself in blue/purple TLC yarn, with stripes incorporating a periwinkle-ish eyelash and a furry blue/green/brown earth tone multicolor.

but i'm at a loss for my next baby-related craft. maybe if someone posts a good reply to that rug question, that will be my next one. :)

- mel

ellies mom
09-06-2006, 11:19 AM
I've been focusing on digital scrapbooking recently. DD's album is appallingly empty and doing the pages digitally seems to be helping me be more productive.

In the next few weeks, I'll be sewing up a valance, pillows and basket liners for DD's new playroom as well as framing up some photographs I took for the walls.

I'd like to get some quilting done but we'll see. I'm taking an extended break from knitting right now.

Your scarf sounds great. Why don't you knit up a baby hat or two. Some of those pumpkin ones are just adorable.

Momof3Labs
09-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Some felted wool balls. I also have the supplies to learn to needle felt.

Oh, and I am working on a back-up for Logan's favorite blankie (crocheted). And have the supplies to make pajama pants for both boys. I bought the shirts at H&M and plan to decorate them with a scrap of the pants fabric so that they match. Did I mention that I don't sew?

jgriffin
09-07-2006, 02:03 AM
Too many projects, not enough time!

I'm actively working on a knit scarf; it's multi-colored stripes in 50% soy silk, 50% wool (yummy to work with!) I also just finished the first of 3 valence curtains for our bedroom. The fabric for the other 2 has been sitting on our dining room table for over a week now!

Baby-wise, I've got a sweater half finished for E. I started it last spring, then decided to wait until fall to finish the sleeves (so I would know how long to make them). Need to dig this out and finish it soon! I also have a baby afghan I started for him, um, before he was born. Oops! I should dig that out, too. :) I need to knit him a hat for the winter, and I want to look into sewing a simple Halloween costume.

I considered starting quilting this summer, but decided that since I have so much yarn, and am trying to find a job/study programming, that really couldn't justify starting a new hobby. Especially one that I *know* involves collecting a wonderfully large stash.

danagee
09-07-2006, 06:03 AM
I'm trying to make boutique-like bibs and a little stuffed teddy-bear type lovey for baby.
I'm loving Minky fabric and am trying to get through the large stash of it that I own.
Dana

mmaimp
09-07-2006, 06:42 PM
I'm sewing up a storm for personal use and for my biz. I trying to get winter pj's and lounge pants for the boys finished before cold weather hits.

I also have two projects on my knitting needles a claptois and a scarf. I have about 10 things I want to knit or crochet for fall and the holidays.

pingumel
09-08-2006, 09:42 PM
wow! what a great idea for minkee! do you put any fabric on the back of the minkee? what do you use to tie off the bib - snaps?

you guys are all so inspiring. i realized that i'm way behind in baby gifts, so baby hats and fleece blankets for me for a little while.
- mel

dules
10-04-2006, 08:53 AM
Sounds like a pretty scarf!

I've usually got a couple of tutus in the making. DD's Halloween costume is coming along slooooowly, and I need to scrap our trip to San Diego and Disney this summer.

Mary

lmintzer
10-04-2006, 04:30 PM
I don't know if this qualifies, but I'm in the early stages of making our "Halloween Wagon". Last year, we decorated it to look like the 100 Acre Wood in the fall (kids were Eyore and Tigger). This year, the boys are pirates, and the plan is to make it into a pirate ship.

I'm trying to find this flexible foam to bend into points to make the front and back of the ship. If I can locate it, I think it would be easier to work with than cardboard. Then, I have to figure out how to make a sail!!

Any thoughts, ideas, or pictures would be most appreciated.

Here is the wagon last year:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/35768.txt

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/35769.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/35771.jpg

danagee
10-05-2006, 07:18 AM
Sorry, I havent checked the board lately, but here's my response:
The lovee is all minky, front & back & head too and I'm also using satin (the kind that you use on the edge of a blanket) on the belly for one.
and yes, snaps on the bib. I saw some bibs on ebay with boutique fabric on front and minky-type on the back, very cute, so I'm trying to make some of my own.
It's all slow going with 2 babies, though :(

Dana

Jenn98
10-05-2006, 12:19 PM
I just made a tutu last night from the suggestions here!
(http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=84&topic_id=1775#1784)
DD is going to be a ballerina for Halloween, so I was eager to get the tutu done just in case I was unsuccessful and I needed to buy one. It really was easy and I may just make a few more while I'm at it to have as dress up for later on down the line!