PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Crafts with kids? Post your favorites here!

dules
11-05-2006, 09:27 PM
I had tons of ideas for Halloween but need some new ideas for Thanksgiving. We did construction paper turkeys this weekend - each turkey is made of one large circle of paper for the body and one small one for the head, yellow triangle for beak and yellow feet.

Child adds eyes and colorful construction paper "feathers". DD loves to paste so this was a hit - but we have three more weeks and need some new ideas. :)

Mary

bethie_73
11-05-2006, 10:05 PM
We would always make 'wreaths' cut out leaves from construction paper and glue to a paper plate.

Or a hand tree, but both of these requires some cutting from parents

nfowife
11-05-2006, 11:56 PM
If your DD likes to paste, a neat project for a fall tree is to have a black background, and then either cut out a trunk/branches from brown paper or paint her hand and forearm brown and stamp on the paper to make the trunk/branches. For the leaves, take yellow, red, and orange paper and rip it into little bits for the "leaves". She can glue each one onto the tree to make the fall tree.

You can do the handprint turkey as well, by tracing her hand or painting/stamping it.

You can go on a "nature walk" and collect fall leaves, and iron them in wax paper to preserve them. Or, glue them to a paper plate to make a wreath.

linsei
11-09-2006, 11:05 AM
There were some cute ideas in Parents mag (Nov). I think there was a turkey napkin ring - I'm going to try to adapt it into a foam turkey magnet for a playgroup craft. They had some other ideas that may have potential on the web site.

Linda

http://b3.lilypie.com/64MSm4/.png[/img][/url]

kcampbell
11-10-2006, 03:49 PM
I saw it somewhere on a website but can't recall which one but we did this yesterday.
Collect a bunch of fall leaves in all different colors and a pincone from outside. Glue the leaves onto a piece of paper in a fan shape and glue the pinecone in the middle for the turkey's body. Add googly eyes or make some out of construction paper along with a orange beak and red wobbler. They turned out really cute. Good luck