PDA

View Full Version : So Sara LOVES quiche

peanut4us
02-25-2004, 10:01 AM
Just thought I'd share a new "adult" food that Sara loves, loves, loves. We made something called "quiche in a bag"; it's from the 30-day gourmet cookbook. It's crustless and is a snap to put together. We made ours with ham, cheddar, spinach, and onion. YUMMY! I gave some to Sara fully expecitin gher to hate it and she wanted more, more more! So strange what things she will like and what she won't!

JElaineB
02-25-2004, 10:12 AM
Don't leave us hanging! What's the recipe?! DS isn't really into eggs but I never thought of quiche. Sounds great! TIA!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

mharling
02-25-2004, 11:01 AM
I would love the recipe too!

Mary
Lane 4/6/03

peanut4us
02-25-2004, 11:21 AM
I'm at work, so I don't have the recipe in front of me, but I think that I can remember it:

Mix in a large bowl:

1 cup chopped ham (or substitute other meat here)
1 cup cheddar cheese (can use low fat if you like)
1/4 cup diced onion
3/4 cup spinach (or other vegetable of your choice)

Mix in another bowl

2 cups milk
4 eggs
2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp tobasco sauce
1 cup flour

Make sure the wet mixture is well blended. Add the wet mix to the ham/cheese bowl and stir until well mixed. Pour into greased, deep quiche or pie pan (make sure to coat the sides too!). Dust with paprika. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes or until center is well set.

Things I would do differently next time:
o saute the onions--it didn't say too, but I think that would make for a nicer flavor
o use some emmental cheese too... maybe just on top

Note that you can use whatever meat you want... if you don't want meat, you can just increase the vegetable by 1 cup. The vegetables can be canned, thawed (frozen), or fresh. If they are fresh, you much blanch them first. I used frozen chopped spinach.

I think that's it... and oddly enough, while Sara snarfed that down last night, she HATED the scrambled eggs that DH made for her this morning??!! Go figure?! Enjoy!

C99
02-25-2004, 11:32 AM
Also try the Nancy's Quiche individual quiches sold at Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. Nathaniel loves them!

JElaineB
02-25-2004, 02:05 PM
Thanks Sara! I think I might try making it tonight!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

suribear
02-25-2004, 07:28 PM
When dd was around 2 she was really into birthdays, so I used to put a candle on top of a mini quiche and sing happy birthday, blow out the candle. Then she would eat the "cake" :)

Kris