PDA

View Full Version : Question about potatoes...

mandye
02-23-2004, 08:01 PM
Hailey and I are still working our way through the first round of fruits and veggies. So far she has liked everything and even makes "mmm...mmm" sounds all through her meal. Today, however, we tried potatoes. They are a lot thicker than any of the other things we've tried and she gagged on them. I tried 3 or 4 spoonfulls and she gagged on each one. (OK, I'll admit it, aside from the she-may-throw-up thing, I found her faces a bit amusing). Anyway, my question is do you think she doesn't like potatoes or is she just not used to the thickness? And, do I try again tomorrow?

Any help would be appreciated

Mandy

LittleStar03
02-23-2004, 09:24 PM
It could be either, but if they're really thick, she might not be used to the consistency. Maybe try thinning them out a little by mixing some water/breastmilk/formula with them, and she might take to them a little better.

C99
02-23-2004, 10:48 PM
I'd also recommend thinning them out. Also, warming them up. The first few times we tried potatoes, Nate didn't like them either. I waited a few months and tried again, adding some butter or yogurt and nuking them for a few seconds, and he loved them.