PDA

View Full Version : she learned to drink from a straw cup in one day!

etwahl
02-26-2004, 08:41 PM
i decided today she was going to learn a straw cup, so i bought some of those take and toss ones and gave it to her several times throughout the day for her to try.

i figured one more try tonight after her bath. well she figured it out! and proceeded to drink almost the ENTIRE glass! i guess the novelty of it was pretty exciting. good thing we have absorbant diapers :)

on another note, she also learned to crawl stairs tonight...so now i really have to get that gate! in burton white's book, he recommended putting the gate on the 3rd stair, but she would have killed herself if she could crawl that high up and then fall. i think it should be on the first step for safety. what do you all think?

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

COElizabeth
02-26-2004, 08:54 PM
Congrats! James picked up the straw quickly, too, though he still doesn't drink much.

We put the gate on the 3rd step and put a cushion (actually the dog bed) on the floor until he got good at the stairs. That way when he fell he did not hurt himself. I do think it's good for babes to have a couple of practice steps if possible.

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02

nathansmom
02-26-2004, 10:11 PM
Congrats Lauren.

I can't help you on the stairs. Our stairs have a door so we just shut the door. But I like Elizabeths idea.

houseof3boys
02-27-2004, 01:08 AM
Sounds like a baby genius to me! That is awesome about the straw cup, I'll have to try those too. Gotta love those take n toss cups. :)

August Mom
02-28-2004, 03:10 AM
We're still working on the straw cup.

As far as the gate, we put ours on the first step. We did allow DS to practice stairs by opening the gate and letting him climb up to the landing under our watchful eyes.