PDA

View Full Version : What is your feeding schedule?

lrucci
02-28-2004, 12:30 AM
I know this question has been asked several times, but I can not access any old threads on this forum for some reason anymore. So I apologize for asking again.

I was just wondering how often and how much your baby eats? Somedays I wonder if DD is eating enough or if I'm feeding her too much. All signs indicate that she is getting enough (she's gaining weight, acting satisfied, etc), and Ped says she is doing great. But, there is this little voice in the back of my head that wonders -IYKWIM !

I am still BFing - DD gets EBM while I'm at work - and we started solids about a month and a half ago.

Right now, our schedule looks something like this:
6:30 - BF
8:00 - 2 tablespoons of cereal and a few teaspoons of fruit
10:00 bottle (5-6oz depending on how hungry she is)
1:30 -2:00 bottle
5:00 BF
6:00 a few teaspoons of veggies and I just started giving her cereal at night
7:30 -8:00 BF before bedtime

TIA

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh Elizabeth 7/19/03

deborah_r
02-28-2004, 12:50 AM
Hi Lisa,

1) You can't search the old threads because they are under the "maternity clothes" forum - this forum was just split off from that one a few days ago (used to be one forum called 'maternity/nursing & feeding baby' or something like that) So you can try searching there if you want.

2) Your schedule looks pretty good to me. I think my baby may have been eating slightly larger quantities of cereal and fruit/veggies at that age BUT they are all different and I would just give him food until he stopped screaming when I put the spoon away! I think that nagging voice in the back of your head is normal, I have it all the time!

lrucci
02-28-2004, 01:20 AM
Thanks Deborah. I was wondering what happened. I've been sick all week so I haven't been on much lately. I guess I missed the split.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh Elizabeth 7/19/03

s_gosney
02-28-2004, 01:56 AM
lisa-

this has nothing to do with this thread because I have no help to offer. I just saw your dd's name and was reminded that you had responded to one of my threads and I never wrote back (sorry...life is crazy right now). Anyway, I just wanted to say that I love her name! :) We thought about that spelling as well, but with our choice of a middle name, I thought it might get a little overwhelming.
Anyway...sorry to butt in...:)