PDA

View Full Version : Daily Food schedule for 9 month old

spencersmommy
02-29-2004, 03:54 AM
Hello everyone, I was wondering what your daily schedule looks like for feeding. My friend and I are trying to decide what is the best for our little boys (born a day apart). They both wake up around 6:30 and are in bed by 8:00. Spencer doesn't eat much in the morning, he nurses. Then he has lunch and a bottle around 11:00, a bottle again in the afternoon, dinner around 6:00, sometimes a bottle, and he nurses around 7:30. The whole what do we do between lunch and dinner is puzzling us. Do you also feed food first, then the bottle? Thanks in advance for your help!
Amy
Mommy to Spencer 6-4-03

missliss55
02-29-2004, 08:18 PM
My dd is almost 10 1/2 months old and this is what our daily schedule looks like:

She wakes up around 7:30 and I breastfeed, then we have rice cereal, some fruit and then some kind of bread/carb (ex/ bread, dry cereal). Soon we will add some yogurt or cottage cheese (we are being careful b/c of potential milk allergy)

Lunch at 11:30: Breastfeed, some protein (lately little pieces of chicken), veggies, fruit and some bread type food.

Snack (maybe some crackers) around 3:30 and also breastfeed.

Dinner at around 5:30. Breastfeed, chicken, rice cereal, veggie, maybe a little fruit, bread type food (maybe some pasta).

Breastfeed around 7:45 before bedtime. Hope that helps!

Melissa and Emma (4/16/03)

ncmommy
02-29-2004, 09:23 PM
We played with DS's schedule for a while and finally ended up alternating a bottle and solids. We generally start off breakfast and a sippee cup, then a bottle just before his morning nap around 10:00 or so, then lunch after he wakes up, then a bottle mid-afternoon, and then dinner around 6:30. We also give him a bottle at bedtime. Good luck!

jubilee
03-01-2004, 12:25 AM
My 10 month old has this schedule (more or less):
7 am- nurses
8 am- breakfast
9 am- nurses for a few minutes to take a nap
11 am- nurses
12:30 pm- lunch
2 pm- nurses for a few minutes to take a nap
3:30 pm- nurses
5 pm- has some finger food while I cook dinner
5:30 pm- dinner
6:45- nurses and bedtime

Hope that helps,

signsing
03-02-2004, 02:35 AM
My son is almost 9 mos.
6:30am wakes and nurses back to sleep
7:30am wakes and eats breakfast, yogurt and fruit, with some water and 1oz of juice
9am morning nap, sometimes nurses, sometimes not
Noon we have some lunch, fruits and veggies, with some cereal, more of the same cup of water
1pm we nurse and nap
4pm nurse and then dinner, mostly veggies and finger foods while I prep dinner. sippee cup of water and 1oz of juice.
6:30 nurse and in bed by 7pm
Sometimes there is a 2am feeding but only when teething is troublesome.

We basically nurse before every sleeptime and eat food at mealtimes.
I really just follow his cues and it works. We have a pretty flexible schedule routine but not too rigid. It works for us.
Hope this helps
Betsey
Buddy's Mamma 6-10-03

amp
03-02-2004, 12:09 PM
DS is just 9 mths old, and here is our general schedule (it does vary & has changed from month to month):

6:30am wake up & 4-6 oz bottle
7:45 breakfast (fruit, cereal, etc)
8:30 - 10:30 nap
11am bottle
Noon - lunch (fruit, lunchmeat, cheese, etc)
1-3 nap
3pm bottle
Sometimes we do a small snack in here, but sometimes the bottle is delayed to later if he had more formula after lunch.
6pm dinner (veg, chicken, etc)
Between 7-8pm 6 oz bottle & bedtime

deborah_r
03-02-2004, 01:33 PM
Ds is 9 months old, as well. We don't have a real strict schedule, but here goes...

Wake up/nurse around 7 am
breakfast around 8 am - cereal and fruit, sometimes yogurt, just started egg yolks
nap 9-11am or so
nurse 11am
nurse around 2pm
nap usually 3-4pm
nurse 5pm
dinner 6pm - cereal & veggies
bedtime 7 or 7:30

I try to nurse 1 hour before his solid meals. Doesn't always happen...

cvharris
03-04-2004, 01:13 PM
Deborah - how are the egg yolks going? I started giving them to Ben with his cereal and while he loved it...it was very constipating! So we've stopped.

DS is almost 9 months old. We pretty much follow the exact same schedule as Deborah. Lately I've started trying to give DS some lunch, where I'm introducing some finger foods (Oatios and grated fruit) or giving him yogurt. The other two meals are still baby food.

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

khakismom
03-04-2004, 02:14 PM
Ellen was born the same day as Spencer. Here's her schedule:

7/7:15 - wake up
Breakfast - oatmeal and fruit or yogurt + 4-5 oz bottle
10/10:30 - nap
11-12 - wake up
Lunch - 1 jar of fruit + 1 jar of veggie, or something similar (ie, people food) + 4-5 oz bottle
2/2:30 - nap
3-4 - wake up
Snack - cheerios, crackers, any kind of people food that lets her work on her pincer grasp and feeding herself
Dinner (5:30) - 1 jar of fruit + 1 jar of veggie, or something similar
6:30 - 8 oz bottle, then bedtime

sntm
03-04-2004, 05:26 PM
Here's ours:
-nurses at night at around 11, sometimes 3ish, and usually 5ish
-wakes at 6:30
-bottle of EBM at daycare when hungry, around 9ish, followed immediately by fruit or veggie with cereal or yogurt
-bottle of EBM at 12ish
-bottle of EBM at 3:30ish (though sometimes skips this one and often doesn't finish it)
-snack nurses when we get home at 5:30ish, but not always
-dinner at 6 (ETA:usually a finger food like carrot sticks or rice pasta, plus some combination of fruit/veggie/cereal/yogurt, sometimes all 4 -- he likes veggies mixed with plain yogurt)
-nurses to sleep at 7
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03