PDA

View Full Version : Understand all his cues except..

hez
02-29-2004, 10:42 AM
the raspberries. I'm not talking about the cute "I learned how to stick out my tongue" raspberries that babies do in general. I'm talking about the ones he's doing *while* nursing-- similar to when you make that delightful sound while blowing air on baby's tummy.

He's done it off and on in the past couple weeks-- usually near the end of a session, and I took it as a "I'm ready to play now" sign. This morning at about 6:15, after having last eaten at 1, he was acting hungry. So, we started a session, and not one minute into it, he gave me raspberries. Just fine except I'd let down so I soaked us both as well as my sheets when he popped off to gear up to give 'em to me again! He then proceeded to talk with his mouth full so we ended the session early with no complaint from him.

I'm a little confused on this cue. Thoughts?

stillplayswithbarbies
03-01-2004, 03:25 PM
when Logan first learned to do raspberries, she started doing it against her toys, and yes my nipple. I took it as her just experimenting with her world and just let her do it and then continue eating.

Every now and then she does it again, with a thoughtful look like she is thinking about how it feels, and then goes back to eating.

If he didn't mind not eating, then maybe he was just in the mood to play?

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03