PDA

View Full Version : DD starting to hate her favourite foods...

lfp2n
03-01-2004, 01:19 PM
Just when I was thinking what an enthusiastic eater I had here, overnight she seems to have gone off all her favourite foods.
Cheese cubes her absolute favourite- now she'll chew for a second and then spit them out, yoghurt -not interested, cereal with fruit-screams when the spoon comes near... the list goes on.
I'm feeling like she is going to end up eating nothing soon, and meals are always horrible for all concerned as basically most things you offer her to eat make her scream and shake her head.
I don't get the feeling she nurses that enthusiastically at the moment either. I know people think that you shouldn't press the issue but let them eat when they want to, but I'm really worried that we'll run out of foods she will eat.

Help-is this a passing stage or what.

Lucy and DD 3/03

MartiesMom2B
03-01-2004, 01:59 PM
Lucy:

I had to deal with this too. Suddenly overnight, sweet potatoes were not the thing anymore. I soon discovered that DD didn't want to eat anything that she couldn't feed herself with. I see that your DD won't eat cheese cubes anymore though, so this might not be a case. Is she teething at all? Martie went back to her regular foods after her teeth broke through.

Good luck. I know it's frusterating.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

stillplayswithbarbies
03-01-2004, 02:55 PM
it must be the age, Logan loved Tofu and now won't touch it most of the time. She liked peas for awhile but not anymore.

the only constant favorite is cheerios. If she sees the yellow box she won't eat anything but them.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

shishamo
03-01-2004, 07:06 PM
Maybe she's bored with it? I try to change the 'shape' of the food when DD gets bored with something, and that seems to work sometimes. For example, instead of a cubed cheese I will give her a sliced cheese. I may add a different fruit to the yogurt or sprinkle wheat germs, etc.

mharling
03-02-2004, 01:32 AM
We're going through the same thing. He won't eat peas or carrots anymore and has even refused foods he liked the first time when I offered them the second time.

I started reading the 12+ month section in Ellyn Satter's book last night and apparently this is pretty common. :( No advice; I'm just commiserating.

Mary
Lane 4/6/03