PDA

View Full Version : Silly Question- Does sleeping on your stomach decrease milk supply?

littleme2
03-02-2004, 07:27 PM
Hi,
Sorry to raise such a silly question, but I've noticed that if I sleep on my right side, the next day my milk supply goes down on that side. I recently started sleeping on my stomach again after a really long pregnancy break and I've noticed decreased supply on both sides. Think this is related?

Thanks.
DD 8/15/03

SeekerMage
03-03-2004, 01:20 AM
I think that its related...but dont know officially anything on it....but it makes sence since the breasts are compressed right?

wendmatt
03-03-2004, 03:19 AM
Sorry to tell you, but yes!
If you are going to bottle feed or wean, the way to help decrease/cut off supply is to wrap tightly or put pressure on them. You are not supposed to sleep on your stomach while you are breastfeeding. It's a bit of a bummer as I was hoping to get back to my stomach to sleep after dd was born, but I think I've forgotton what it's like! Try to push your breast forward so you are not actually sleeping on it and not lie on your tummy.

stillplayswithbarbies
03-03-2004, 12:52 PM
if I sleep on my stomach, or even on my side leaning towards my stomach, the milk leaks out of my breast, so I have less when she eats in the morning. Could that be what is happening?

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03