PDA

View Full Version : rubbing eyes but not tired

Xariklia
03-03-2004, 09:56 AM
Does anyone know if rubbing your eyes is a sign of an allergy? I know dd is not tired when she does this. I think they are itching her. it's not constant but i notice she's been doing it throughout the day. there are no other signs of allergy that i know of. Just wondering if anyone has any input before i call the ped. thanks

jd11365
03-03-2004, 10:08 AM
Could be...might want to check with the ped anyway...but Kayla rubs her eyes when she's finished eating or isn't really hungry and I try to feed her or doesn't like what I'm serving...

HTH!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

KGoes
03-03-2004, 03:15 PM
DD rubs her eyes when she comes into contact with something to which she's allergic, which lately appears to be quite a bit. Eventually, she will break out in a rash around her eyes and this is when I know to give her benedryl. Talk to your ped. Benedryl is not something that you want to give without getting the exact dosage from your ped and his or her blessing. I was reading about a day care provider who is being prosecuted because she was slipping benedryl in a baby's bottle to make her sleep and she overdosed.
Kelley
DD born 7/03

Rachels
03-03-2004, 03:37 PM
Where is a jaw-dropping emoticon?!!! That's so horrifying. FWIW, a great source for medication dosages of all kinds is here:

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/T089900.asp

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02