PDA

View Full Version : medela pump in style and avent bottles

lindauer72101
03-03-2004, 06:01 PM
Hello, I have a question. Has anyone used the Medela PIS with the avent bottles successfully? I know that Avent sells a conversion kit to use to pump directly into their bottles from most any pump. However, I haven't heard if this really works etc.

Any advice or pointers would be great. I am not to that point yet. However, my neighbor is trying to get her dd to take a bottle but prefers the Avent bottles over the Medela ones. She is tired of having to pour from one thing to the next.

Thanks,
Angela

Momof3Labs
03-03-2004, 06:17 PM
I used the Medela PIS with the Avent bottles and the adaptors - it works fine, just more parts to wash (so about the same amount of work as pumping into one bottle and pouring into another). I did it because I would run out of Medela storage bottles (no time to wash in between for about a 24 hour period because of my work schedule) and chose to buy the adaptors so that I could use my large supply of Avent bottles rather than buy lots more Medela bottles.

caleymama
03-03-2004, 08:55 PM
Exactly what Lori said! I rarely used the Medela bottles. I wasn't pumping to store it long-term - just for the next day, so I pumped straight into the Avents for overnight storage and feeding.

ETA: For a while we also used the Gerber bottles (the smaller size - approx. the same size as the Medela bottles) with the silicone Nuk nipples. I think Evenflo makes some small white discs that fit in the top of the collar where the nipple goes. I was able to pump directly into the Gerber bottles and cover with a collar and disc for storage and then pop in a nipple for feeding.

kijip
03-04-2004, 04:04 AM
I used the Avent adapter with a Pump in Style and a Classic with no problems. I also used Dr. Brown's bottles and they screwed right into the Medela.

KGoes
03-04-2004, 10:59 AM
Ditto what Lori said.

Kelley
DD born 7/03

lindauer72101
03-04-2004, 11:39 AM
Thanks everyone. I will pass along this information.

Angela

littlecindy
02-08-2008, 03:36 PM
DS would only take avent nipples. but i found this adaptor / conversion kit that would make my medela pump in style PIS work with avent products:

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp149884_333181_sespider/philips_avent/breast_pump_conversion_kit.htm

i didn't want to use the avent bottles because of the BPA issue, so i'm using their via "disposable" containers instead:

http://www.aventamerica.com/products/disposablefeeding.asp

it's been GREAT. use the one piece adaptor, pump right into the via containers, put the lid on and bring to daycare. the she just uses the nipple with another adaptor (comes with the via kit) and there's his bottle!

only thing i don't like is the VIA containers can leak if you're not careful about putting the lid on just right.