PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone be interested in a breast pump co-op?

Jennymarie
03-03-2004, 06:04 PM
I'm thinking of contacting a few stores to see if anyone would be willing to offer to do a co-op purchase for the Medela Pump in Style (presumably all models would be included) and the Ameda Purely Yours. Since these tend to be the most expensive, I assume they will have the highest markup and therefore the most room for bargaining.

I also heard by searching this board that Medela is increasing their prices in April 2004, so I definitely want to order mine before then.

If you would be interested in participating for the right price, would you post here? I assume we'll be able to beat the lowest advertised online prices (the basic PIS seems to sell at around $200-$210).

Thanks!

chantal66
03-03-2004, 06:42 PM
I got mine brand new off e-bay for much less than the going price online and in the stores. You may want to check there too.

Chantal

caheinz
03-09-2004, 09:48 PM
I could be... I'm due soon, and have been sort of holding off (since it's a big, non-returnable purchase!), even though I have every intention of getting BF to work!

Best price I've seen for new is Kidalog / BabyLove, just under $200 for the basic PIS, about $201-$205 for the Traveller (they're Canadian, so the prices change with the exchange rate, but the rates have been stable within $5 on the $200 for a few weeks!). (I think there are other sites with prices similar, but not much lower.)

So, definitely interested in participating if the price is right! (You might want to cross-post this in the Bargains board, esp. if more traffic doesn't come through.)

Cheryl
EDD #1: 3/24/04