PDA

View Full Version : How many of you warm EBM from the fridge...

kamal
03-05-2004, 02:39 PM
Here's a question... How many of you warm EBM from the fridge till it actually feels warm to the touch before giving to baby?

My baby is now 12weeks old and since I will return to work soon, I pump regularly and she gets at least one bottle a day... My mil who helps take care of her insists that the milk shd feel warm to the touch "so it won't hurt baby" and I am of course curious if anybody out there is like me... just warm the bottle enough so it won't feel COLD and feed baby :-)

Thanks !
Kamal

Jen in Chicago
03-05-2004, 02:44 PM
I warmed it to get the chill off. Daycare warms it to feel warm.

Now I will give him formula right out of the frig, my how things change over the months!

s_gosney
03-05-2004, 02:56 PM
we have to get ours very warm because my DD is picky, but I really don't think that it will hurt the baby if it's not warmed.

stillplayswithbarbies
03-05-2004, 02:59 PM
I warm it to body temperature.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

hez
03-05-2004, 03:08 PM
We warm it to touch-- probably close to body temperature. When we were first giving bottles, he'd take it cold/cool, but when I screwed up and took a bottle break for a few weeks, warming it & the nipple helped him take it again. We never went back to trying it cool, but I bet he'd take it that way just fine now.

Momof3Labs
03-05-2004, 03:29 PM
We always served it cold!

egoldber
03-05-2004, 04:12 PM
I always served it cold. My MIL was also HORRIFIED (I had never given it a second thought), so I asked my ped. He laughed and said keep doing what works! Now some babies will not take a cold bottle, but some, like my DD, don't mind. It makes things VERY convenient if they will take a cold bottle.

HTH,

nitaghei
03-05-2004, 04:20 PM
We always warmed it. There is NO way DS would drink it cold. He acted like we were trying to kill him if he was offered anything but a warm bottle.

DS won't drink cold water either - has to be room temperature, which, actually, I am happy about! Just get it from the tap!

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

deborah_r
03-05-2004, 05:55 PM
DS wanted it very warm. But I think it is whatever your baby will take - I don't think serving it cold can hurt them in any way.

mharling
03-05-2004, 06:39 PM
At first we warmed it to room temperature. Out of the blue, we decided to see what would happen if we offered it straight out of the fridge. He didn't mind a bit and that's we did from that point on. Made things MUCH easier!

Mary
Lane 4/6/03

BethS
03-05-2004, 07:10 PM
We've always warmed it.

Although now he's refusing to take a bottle at all which is frutstrating and a little limiting. I don't really mind it's just now that he's older we (dh and I) were hoping to get out on our own a little more frequently. I, of course, won't leave him again until Jack will take a bottle from us.

lrucci
03-07-2004, 10:38 PM
We use to give it to her cold and she didn't mind it at all. Then at 3 1/2 months, she went on a bottle strike. To get her to start taking a bottle again, I warmed the milk for her (warm to touch), now that is how she prefers it. You just have to make sure it's not too warm.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh Elizabeth 7/19/03