PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean/store pacifiers??

aliceinwonderland
03-07-2004, 05:47 PM
We have bough about 4, maybe more later...How do you keep them clean and where would you store them?? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I was just wondering what the paci protocol is!!

thanks,

eri

ericajosh
03-07-2004, 05:52 PM
I place them in boiling water when I first get the pacis. Every so often I put them in the dishwasher in a dishwasher basket that I clean the bottle's nipples in too (buy this at any baby store). Occasionally I will boil them again. If it drops, I will just wash it off with hot water. Just check them every so often to see if they have holes, etc. I store mine in an open tupperware container or sometimes leave them in his crib for easy access. :)

houseof3boys
03-07-2004, 06:21 PM
I boil them once a week, rinse them everyday with warm sudsy water and store them in a cabinet in a tupperware.

toomanystrollers
03-07-2004, 09:00 PM
1st baby: boiled daily, kept in ziploc baggies
2nd baby: rinsed in hot water, kept about 6 in conviently located places
3rd baby: you don't want to know LOL

aliceinwonderland
03-07-2004, 09:04 PM
LOL!!!

lizajane
03-07-2004, 09:21 PM
i boiled them whenever i thought about it.

snack sized ziploc bags are super!!!!

but day to day... i was the ol' rinse it off with hot water and hand it right back kinda gal!

oh- and get a "binker leash!!!" something to clip it to baby's tee. SO helpful. wow.

ETA:
i bet the take and toss style rubbermaid/ziploc/glad/ containers would be great, too. they make a really little size that i love for schuyler's food.

papal
03-07-2004, 11:15 PM
When you buy them they usually come in these little cases. That is what i use to store the spare binky in my diaper bag.
I rinse it off a couple of times in warm water. Once it fell on the floor in the mall parking lot.... Leela was crying... there was no water in sight.... i wiped it with my shirt and gave it back to her... she probably ingested a ton of germs but she sucks on the carpet fibres so i figure it couldn't be that bad. bad mom! bad mom!

oh.. once you find THE ONE... the paci that the baby accepts.. i would suggest going running to the store and getting several backups. Unfortunately for us, the ONLY one Leela liked was one sent by my dh's brother as part of a baby basket. Needless to say we could not find that one anywhere else and she rejected ALL the other ones (i have spent a small fortune on binkys). We finally found one with the same shape and size of nipple but it is ugly as hell.. looks like something from outer space.
I am totally rambling...!

amp
03-08-2004, 11:56 AM
We just washed in warm/hot water when it dropped in an icky place, otherwise, a rinse or wipe was sufficient. Every couple of weeks, I put them in the basket and ran through the dishwasher and let them dry sufficiently (they do collect a bit of water in the nipple, but it dries) and gave back to him. We had some pacis that had covers and others we just stored in a snack ziploc type bag.

momma_boo
03-08-2004, 12:20 PM
At its height we probably had about 10 pacis in total. I initially sterilized all of them (as per the package instructions). I usually kept a couple in her room in a small plastic container and some downstairs in a similar container. At the end of the day, I would wash the ones that she had used with soap and water with the dishes (no dishwasher for us, =(. I have a bunch of small Glad containers that would fit two of them perfectly, so I used that to keep a spare in the diaperbag.